On this page:
Definition of the noun abies lowiana
What does abies lowiana mean as a name of something?
- medium to tall fir of central to western United States having a narrow erect crown and soft wood
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Abies concolor atroviolacea / form Abies concolor atroviolacea / Abies concolor brevifolia / form Abies concolor brevifolia / Abies concolor conica / form Abies concolor conica / Abies concolor globosa / form Abies concolor globosa / Abies concolor pendula / form Abies concolor pendula / Abies concolor violacea / form Abies concolor violacea / Abies concolor wattezii / form Abies concolor wattezii / Abies concolor lowiana / subspecies Abies concolor lowiana / Abies concolor martinezii / subspecies Abies concolor martinezii / Abies concolor viridula / subspecies Abies concolor viridula / Abies concolor bajacalifornica / variety Abies concolor bajacalifornica / Abies concolor concolor / variety Abies concolor concolor / variety Abies concolor lowiana / variety Abies concolor martinezii / Abies concolor pendens / variety Abies concolor pendens / variety Abies concolor pendula / variety Abies concolor violacea / Abies grandis concolor / variety Abies grandis concolor / Abies grandis lowiana / variety Abies grandis lowiana / Abies lasiocarpa pendula / variety Abies lasiocarpa pendula / Abies lowiana / species Abies lowiana / Abies lowiana pendula / variety Abies lowiana pendula / Abies lowiana viridula / variety Abies lowiana viridula / Picea concolor / species Picea concolor / Picea concolor violacea / variety Picea concolor violacea / Picea grandis / species Picea grandis / Picea lowiana / species Picea lowiana / Picea lowii / species Picea lowii / Picea parsonsiana / species Picea parsonsiana / Picea parsonsii / species Picea parsonsii / Pinus concolor / species Pinus concolor / Pinus concolor violacea / form Pinus concolor violacea / Pinus lowiana / species Pinus lowiana / Abies concolor
- synonyms of Abies lowiana: California white fir / Colorado fir / white fir
- more generic term: silver fir = any of various true firs having leaves white or silvery white beneath
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Phrases with Abies lowiana
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abies lowiana
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Practical and Scientific Encyclopaedia of Horticulture for Gardeners and Botanists by John Garrett, James William Helenus Trail
Abies Lowiana (Young Plant). A. blfolia (t wo-leaved), of A. Murray. A synonym of A. lasiocarpa. A. blfolia (two-leaved), of Siebold and Zuccarini. A synonym of A. finna. A. brachyphylla (short-leaved), of Mayr A synonym of A. homolepxs.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abies lowiana
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abies lowiana to find many related words and phrases!