Abigail May Alcott Nieriker
On this page:
Who is Abigail May Alcott Nieriker?
Abigail May Alcott Nieriker: May Alcott Nieriker was an American artist and the youngest sister of Louisa May Alcott. She was the basis for the character Amy in her sister's semi-autobiographical novel Little Women. She was named after her mother, Abigail May, and first called Abba, then Abby, and finally May, which she asked to be called in November 1863 when in her twenties.
- also known as May Alcott, Abba Alcott, Abby Alcott
- born on (175 years ago) in Concord, child of Abby May Alcott and Amos Bronson Alcott
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Painter
- Marriage with Ernest Nieriker between and
- parent of Louisa May "Lulu" Alcott Nieriker
- died on (136 years ago)
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abigail May Alcott Nieriker
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: