Abiodun Oyewole (singer)
On this page:
Who is Abiodun Oyewole?
Abiodun Oyewole, is a poet, teacher and founding member of the American music and spoken-word group The Last Poets, which developed into what is considered to be the first hip hop group. Critic Jason Ankeny wrote, "With their politically charged raps, taut rhythms, and dedication to raising African-American consciousness, the Last Poets almost single-handedly laid the groundwork for the emergence of hip-hop.
- also known as Oyewole, Abiodun
- born in (67 years ago) in Cincinnati
- ethnicity: African American
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Columbia University
- profession: Musician
- member of musical group The Last Poets
- album: "25 Years"
- written work: "The Last Poets on a mission"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abiodun Oyewole (singer)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Abiodun Oyewole for some fun with words!