On this page:
- Definition of the noun abominable snowman
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abominable Snowman
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abominable Snowman
- Photos about Abominable Snowman
- Video language resources about Abominable Snowman
- Share this page
Definition of the noun abominable snowman
What does abominable snowman mean as a name of something?
- a large hairy humanoid creature said to live in the Himalayas
- Abominable Snowman is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics Universe. His first appearance was in Tales to Astonish #13.
- Abominable Snowman is a fictional character from the several Disney's films.
- in the film "Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse", played by Frank Welker
- Abominable Snowman is a fictional film character.
- Abominable Snowman a.k.a. The Yeti or Abominable Snowman is an ape-like cryptid taller than an average human that is said to inhabit the Himalayan region of Nepal and Tibet. The names Yeti and Meh-Teh are commonly used by the people indigenous to the region, and are part of their history and mythology. Stories of the Yeti first emerged as a facet of Western popular culture in the 19th century.
- read more about Yeti
- The Abominable Snowman is a classic fictional creature appearing in fantasy literature and films of all sorts. He has appeared in everything from Marvel Comics to television's Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to the Pixar film Monsters Inc. Action figures of this mythical character are not uncommon...
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abominable Snowman
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Critical Encyclopedia by Brian Regal
Western interest in yeti was sparked in the 1920s when a garbling of the native word for the creature was translated as „Abominable Snowman.‰ In 1951, mountain climber Eric Shipton took a series of photographs of alleged yeti footprints in ...
by Julia Cresswell
The name Abominable Snowman (or Yeti) was brought back by the 1921 Royal Geographical Society expedition to Mount Everest, which found mysterious footprints in the snow. It translates Tibetan Meetoh Gangmi. Yeti is from Tibetan ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
More recent legendary creatures are the Abominable Snowman and Bigfoot. The Abominable Snowman, or yeti, is a monster thought to live in the Himalayan mountain range. Reports of the monster are based mostly on mysterious markings in ...
3000 Entries on the Mystical and Occult Traditions by Nevill Drury
Abominable Snowman A legendary creature who, according to local folldore, stalks the snow-covered slopes of the Himalayas. Regarded with horror by the Sherpas, the abominable snowman is said to be a half- animal and half-human ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
abominable 6 cursed, horrid, odious 7 hateful 8 accursed, hateable 9 abhorrent, loathsome, offensive, repugnant, revolting 10 detestable abominable snowman 4yeti abominate 4 damn, hate 5 abhor, curse 6 detest, ...
by Martin H. Manser, Turton, Nigel D. Turton
abomination n abominable snowman yeti.
abolition noun abolitionist someone who tries to put an end to something, especially slavery abominable adjective 1 hateful 2 very bad, terrible □ the Abominable Snowman a large animal believed to exist in the Himalayas ((ilso called.
School Dictionary (1995)
by C. M. Schwarz
the Abominable Snowman (also Yeti) a large animal which may exist in the Himalayas. aborigines ab-or-ijin-fz, noun plural the original or native inhabitants of a country (esp Australia). - ad/ecuve aboriginal. abort verb (of a plan etc) to come to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abominable Snowman
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abominable Snowman
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Abominable Snowman
Photo credit: Tom Hilton
- ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN
Photo credit: Treforlutions TreVizionz
- Abominable Snowman
Photo credit: Silly Little Man
- Abominable Snowman
Who else to walk barefoot?
Photo credit: doegox
- abominable snowman
The Bumble (a.k.a. the Abominable Snow Monster of the North) - a Yeti who pursues Hermey and Rudolph throughout their adventure since the sight of Rudolph's glowing red nose drives him into a rage. He is the main antagonist. Sam also explains that the Bumble hates everything to do with Christmas as well. When he threatens Rudolph and his family at his cave, Yukon and Hermey come to the rescue by knocking the monster unconscious and extracting all his teeth. Near the end of the film he has a change of heart as he is seen putting the star on top of the Christmas tree.
Photo credit: pocolover1957
- Abominable Snowman Ornament
Aka the Yeti
Photo credit: aresauburn™
- Abominable Snowman, with glasses, New York
Photo credit: timmenzies
- Abominable Snowman Popcorn Churner
Photo credit: Castles, Capes & Clones
- Abominable Snowman & Mountain Girl
Photo credit: mmmcclendon
View more pictures about The Abominable Snowman.
Video language resources about Abominable Snowman
Click on an item to play that video:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abominable Snowman to see it in context!