The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun abomination:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun abomination
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abomination
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abomination
- Photos about Abomination
- Video language resources about Abomination
- Quotes about Abomination
- Scrabble value of A1B3O1M3I1N1A1T1I1O1N1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun abomination
What does abomination mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: abominations
- a person who is loathsome or disgusting
- hate coupled with disgust
- an action that is vicious or vile; an action that arouses disgust or abhorrence
Alternative definition of the noun abomination
- The feeling of extreme disgust and hatred; abhorrence; detestation; loathing; as, he holds tobacco in 'abomination'.
- synonym: detestation
- That which is abominable, shamefully vile; an object or state that excites disgust and hatred; very often with religious undertones.
- synonym: loathing
The Abomination is a fictional character, a supervillain that appears in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character first appeared in Tales to Astonish #90, and was created by writer Stan Lee and artist Gil Kane.
- also known as Emil Blonsky
- created by Stan Lee & Gil Kane
- in films:
"Abomination" is a novel by the author Robert Swindells, dealing with themes of Religious extremism, Adolescence, Bullying, and relationships, as well as integrating the intriguing question of what its title refers to.
- language: English Language
- genre: Fiction
- released in (17 years ago)
- "Abomination" is a musical album of Lustral.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Abomination" is a musical album of Abomination.
- released in (25 years ago)
Abomination is a musical group.
- albums: "Abomination", "Tragedy Strikes", "The Final War EP"
- Abomination: In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, abominations are the unwanted offspring of a deity and some other being. Abominations are immortal, spiteful, destructive creatures of immense power. Abominations are epic monsters.
- Abomination: L’Abomination est, dans le cadre fictif du cycle de Dune de Frank Herbert, un concept proche de la possession par les ancêtres.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abomination
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Rethinking Our Misuse of the Bible on Homosexuality by Colby Martin
The catchphrase “homosexuality is an abomination” has reverberated out of bullhorns on countless street corners, filled more than its share of picket signs, and ended many online discussion threads. Abomination is a loaded word, ...
The Up-to-Date Presentation of the God-Ordained Way and the Signs Concerning the Coming of Christ (1991)
by Witness Lee
and the abomination refers to the image of Antichrist as an idol. In other words, the idol will remain in ...
Gays and Mental Health (2014)
Fighting Depression, Saying No to Suicide by Jaime A. Seba
An abomination is a horrible, disgusting, and hated action or thing. That can lead to something called internalized homophobia— when ...
by Hal Harris
Because conceding that privileged individuals possess the ability to judge which silly human whims are favorable to the creator of the universe and which are an abomination is an incredibly dangerous and foolish venture. Any impulse, urge ...
Strictly from God (2003)
A Godly Man's Guidance to His Family and Fellow Man (Being a Man of God to Your Wife, Being a Man of God to Your Children, Being a Man of God to Your Church, Being a Man of God to Your Society). by Rev. Rickey Jones
Abomination is the term GOD attaches to ...
by Ron Rhodes
ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION refer to the abode of the dead or the grave—a place of destruction. It can also refer to death, the grave, and general ruin. In Revelation 9:11, however, the term refers to a destroyer angel who reigns over the ...
fully defining and explaining all religious terms, including biographical, geographical, historical, archaeological and doctrinal themes by Samuel Fallows (bp.)
We collect then that it was as foreigners, not pointedly as Hebrews, that it was an abomination for the Egyptians to eat with the brethren of Joseph. The Jews themselves subsequently exemplified the same practice; for in later times they held it ...
Zondervan Bible Dictionary (2009)
by J. D. Douglas, C. Merrill
ABOMINATION,. ABOMINATION. OF. DESOLUTION. The word abomination occurs rarely in the NIV (e.g., Prov...
by W.E Vine, Rev Terry Kulakowski
“abomination; loathsome, detestable thing.” Cognates of this word appear only in Phoenician and Targumic Aramaic. The word appears 117 times and in all periods. ABOMINATION First, defines something or someone as essentially ...
A Blake Dictionary (1988)
The Ideas and Symbols of William Blake by Samuel Foster Damon
The ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION is a mysterious apocalyptic phrase used by Daniel (ix:27; xi:31; xii:11), and quoted by Jesus: "But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abomination
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abomination
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Didit Putra
Photo credit: thirteenthbat
Photo credit: C.E. Kent
Photo credit: SlyMcNasty
What the hell is this?? A "food court" in some supply closet looking place in one of the alleys in the heart of Pisa.
Photo credit: Tavallai
Photo credit: CarbonNYC [in SF!]
Photo credit: Becky Striepe
- An Abomination
one of those ugly "forests" so common in this region.
Photo credit: e27182818284
- Capitalist Abomination
Photo credit: zimpenfish
- An Abomination
Photo credit: trevorturk
- Abomination on Earth : Oil Palms Plantation
After take-off from KLIA2, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Photo credit: berniedup
- Decadent Abomination
Photo credit: thisisjohndevon
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Abomination
Click on an item to play that video:
- Abomination of Desolation: Real Meaning & The Fallen Cherub Image on the Temple Mount
Jonathan Cahn - The Altar of the Dark Angel on the Temple Mount...
- Abomination of Desolation (Jesus' definition)
The abomination of desolation, according to the Bible, was the armies that surrounded Jerusalem and desolated them until the time of the end. Here is the ...
- Daemon's quadcopter drone - "Abomination" explanation
Ian explains the construction of his quadcopter (drone), nicknamed the Abomination. Using liberal amounts of electrical tape, it is a cobbled together craft of his ...
- EXPLANATION ABOMINATION!!!
- The Defective Dictionary Word: "Abomination"
- Dictionary - abomination
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Abomination
View more videos about The Abomination.
See also the pronunciation examples of Abomination!
Quotes about Abomination
When an abomination has become of age it becomes a tradition.
more quotes about abomination...
Scrabble value of A1B3O1M3I1N1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 11-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abomination to see it in context!