On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Abra
What does Abra mean as a name of something?
Abra is a genus of Semelidae, described by Lamarck in 1818.
- synonyms: genus Abra / Abrina / genus Abrina / Habra / genus Habra / Lutricularia / genus Lutricularia / Orixa / genus Orixa / Sinodesmia / genus Sinodesmia / Sinodesmya / genus Sinodesmya / Syndesmia / genus Syndesmia / Syndesmya / genus Syndesmya / Syndomya / genus Syndomya / Syndosmya / genus Syndosmya
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Mollusca
- class: Bivalvia
- order: Veneroida
- family: Semelidae
- species Abra aegyptiaca
- species Abra aequalis
- species Abra affinis
- species Abra africana
- species Abra alba
- species Abra angulosa
- species Abra antwerpiensis
- species Abra bosqueti
- species Abra braziliensis
- species Abra californica
- species Abra chuni
- species Abra cistula
- species Abra convexior
- species Abra demosia
- species Abra deshayesi
- species Abra donaciformis
- species Abra elegans
- species Abra exigua
- species Abra fabalis
- species Abra fragillima
- species Abra fragosa
- species Abra fujitai
- species Abra grimaldii
- species Abra inanis
- species Abra infans
- species Abra inflata
- species Abra intesi
- species Abra isosceles
- species Abra jarli
- species Abra kinoshitai
- species Abra kraemmeri
- species Abra kyurokusimana
- species Abra lecointrei
- species Abra lioica
- species Abra longicallus
- species Abra longidentata
- species Abra lunella
- species Abra marshalli
- species Abra marylandica
- species Abra nitens
- species Abra nitida
- species Abra obovalis
- species Abra palmeri
- species Abra petropolitana
- species Abra philippinensis
- species Abra pilsbryi
- species Abra pini
- species Abra prismatica
- species Abra profundorum
- species Abra pusilla
- species Abra recluzii
- species Abra regularis
- species Abra renieri
- species Abra salamensis
- species Abra scarlatoi
- species Abra scotti
- species Abra segmentum
- species Abra seurati
- species Abra siberutensis
- species Abra sibogai
- species Abra soyoae
- species Abra splendens
- species Abra suessoniensis
- species Abra tellinoides
- species Abra tenuis
- species Abra tepocana
- species Abra triangulata
- species Abra truncata
- species Abra uruguayensis
- species Abra weberi
- species Syndosmya deltoidea
- species Syndosmya depressa
- species Syndosmya difficialis
- species Syndosmya exilis
- species Syndosmya lamberti
- species Syndosmya macrodonta
- species Syndosmya media
- species Syndosmya obtusa
- species Syndosmya striatula
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Abra is a genus of Ochotonidae, described by Gray in 1863.
- synonym: genus Abra
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Mammalia
- order: Lagomorpha
- family: Ochotonidae
- genus: Ochotona
Abra is a genus of Semelidae.
Alternative definition of the noun Abra
- a wooden boat used as a ferry in Dubai
- a narrow mountain pass.
Abra is a landlocked province of the Philippines in the Cordillera Administrative Region in Luzon. Its capital is Bangued, and it borders Ilocos Norte and Apayao on the north, Ilocos Sur and Mountain Province on the south, Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur on the west, and Kalinga, and Apayao on the east.
- also known as Province Of Abra, Abra Province, Lalawigan ng Abra, Probinsya ti Abra
- country: Philippines
- official website: www.abra.gov.ph
Who is Abra?
Abra: Raymond Abracosa, better known as Abra, is a Filipino hip hop artist. He gained popularity in his song "Gayuma". The music video for the song shows Abra being given a potion only to realize that his love interest is in fact a transgender. The video has reached more than 26 million views on YouTube, the highest number generated by any local artist.
- also known as Raymond Abracosa
- born on (24 years ago) in Pasig
- nationality: Philippines
- education: University of Asia and the Pacific
- profession: Musician, rapper
- genres: Alternative hip hop, Pinoy hip hop
- albums: "FHM: Filipino Horror Movies", "Gayuma", "Biglang Liko", "Abra"
- Abra is a fictional character from Pokemon.
- created by Ken Sugimori
- Abra is a fictional character from Romeo + Juliet.
- Abra is a fictional character from the Swedish 2005 film God Save the King.
- Abra is a fictional character from the 2014 film Le Troisieme Oeil.
- in the film "Le Troisieme Oeil"
"Abra" is a musical album of Abra.
- genre: Pop music
- released on
- Abra is one of the species of Pokémon creatures from the Pokémon media franchise.
- also known as Casey, Kēshii
- Abra: An abra is a traditional boat made of wood.
- Abra: are one of the fictional species of Pokￃﾩmon creatures from the multi-billion-dollar Pokￃﾩmon media franchise ￢ﾀﾓ a collection of video games, anime, manga, book, trading card and other media created by Satoshi Tajiri. The purpose of Abra in the games, anime and manga, as with all other Pokￃﾩmon, is to battle both wild Pokￃﾩmon, untamed creatures encountered while the player passes through various environments, and tamed Pokￃﾩmon owned by Pokￃﾩmon trainer.. It is listed as Pokￃﾩmon #63 in the Pokￃﾩdex.
- ABRA: Actin-binding Rho-activating protein is a protein that in humans is encoded by the ABRA gene. The mouse and rat homologues are known as STARS and MS1 respectively.
- The Abra was an Italian motorcycle that was manufactured from 1923 to 1927. The Abra initially used a DKW 146cc two-stroke engine, but from 1924 132cc engines of the company's own design were used. Production was limited.
- Abra a.k.a. actin-binding Rho activating protein is a gene.
- also known as striated muscle activator of Rho-dependent signaling
Phrases with Abra
Phrases starting with the word Abra:
- Abra alba
- Abra Pini
- Abra Bella
- Abra Jarli
- Abra Ovata
- Abra Exigua
- Abra Inanis
- Abra Infans
- Abra Intesi
- Abra Lactea
- Abra lioica
- Abra Maxima
- Abra nitida
- Abra Petiti
- Abra Scotti
- Abra Soyoae
- Abra tenuis
- Abra Weberi
Phrases ending with the word Abra:
View more phrases with the word Abra in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abra
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Theoretical and Practical Perspectives by Zemliansky, Pavel
ABRACADABRA Design Methodology The creation of a large application like ABRA is a complex process. The CSLP practices an iterative design and...
by Wally Smith, Barbara Smith
Down the road, El Abra is a Cubamar campismo that aspires to be an eco-resort for an international clientele. There is tremendous potential here, but it is hampered by a poor restaurant and an uncertain water supply. Still, El Abra is adequate ...
From Pan Azucar to Abra is a trail running northeast. It passes through the center of the region of Pan de Aziicar and crosses two rivers. Enters hills beyond the second river crossing, thence 2 miles through hills, grades steep and difficult.
Geostatistics Rio 2000 (2002)
Proceedings of the Geostatistics Sessions of the 31st International Geological Congress, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 6–17 August 2000 by M. Armstrong, C. Bettini, N. Champigny, A. Galli, A. Remacre
El Abra is the seventh largest copper producer in the world and the leader in terms of copper production using SX-EW technology. Design capacity is 225,000 tonnes of copper per annum while operating cost fluctuates near and around USA$ ...
HIV and the Blood Supply (1995)
An Analysis of Crisis Decisionmaking by Committee to Study HIV Transmission Through Blood and Blood Products, Institute of Medicine
The ABRA is the trade association representing the plasma fractionation industry. Each organization is described briefly in the following section. Established in 1947, the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) is a nonprofit scientific and ...
The life of John Milton (1822)
by Charles Symmons
Abra is a name which has been given to the Tweed, the Severn, and the Humber. With Milton, in this place, it designates perhaps the last of these rivers, though the proper name, as it is found in Ptolemy, for the estuary, which is now called the ...
Nart Sagas from the Caucasus (2002)
Myths and Legends from the Circassians, Abazas, Abkhaz, and Ubykhs by John Colarusso
Abra is a borrowing from an ...
by John Wesley Tunnell
Abra aequalis (Say, 1822) Common Atlantic Abra Distribution: North Carolina to Texas; West Indies. Size: 6 mm (1/4 in). Description: Color white with some iridescence, internal surface glassy white; shape subcircular, inflated; sculpture ...
by Thomas W. Sheehan
See Abra, Abina. Abbe (nickname) See Abigail. Abbey (nickname) See Abigail. Abb! (nickname) See Abigail. Abbie (nickname) See Abigail. Abby (nickname) See Abigail. Abbye (nickname) See Abigail. Abegael ...
by John Gunn
Another notable shaft is Sotano de la Cuesta, which sits on top of a remote section of the Sierra de El Abra. Although not particularly deep (174 m), the cave's visual impact ...
Encyclopedia of Caves (2012)
by William B. White, David C. Culver
El Abra (red box), and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abra
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Abra
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dreamsjung
Photo credit: kathrin_mezger
What is an Abra? Simple, it's a cheap water taxi that permit to cross the Dubai creek.
Photo credit: buggolo
A water-taxi - it costs 1 dirham to cross the Dubai Creek. :)
Photo credit: denn
One of 3 family dogs...this guy was born in New Zealand, raised in West Africa, seasoned in Mexico, and now lives in Canada. You're catching him a little bit jet-lagged here...
Photo credit: Joel Bedford
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Abra
Click on an item to play that video:
- Abra Meaning
Video shows what abra means. A wooden boat used as a ferry in Dubai.. A narrow mountain pass.. abra pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- Abra Meaning
Video shows what Abra means. A province in the Philippines. Abra Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Abra. Powered by ...
- KZ and Abra jam on It's Showtime
See also the pronunciation examples of Abra!
Scrabble value of A1B3R1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABRA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Abra!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Abra to see it in context!