On this page:
Who is Abraham Cowley?
Abraham Cowley was an English poet born in the City of London late in 1618. He was one of the leading English poets of the 17th century, with 14 printings of his Works published between 1668 and 1721.
- also known as Каули, Абрахам
- born in (398 years ago) in London
- nationality: England
- died on (348 years ago) in Chertsey
- buried in Westminster Abbey
- written works: "Prose Works Of Abraham Cowley; Including His Essays In Prose And Verse", "Select Works of Mr. A. Cowley", "The Poetical Works of Abraham Cowley", "Selected poems", "Cowley's Essays", "The Essays Of Abraham Cowley", "The complete works in verse and prose of Abraham Cowley", "Essays, plays and sundry verses", "Wit and loyalty reviv'd", "The essays and other prose writings", "Works of Abraham Cowley", "The advancement of experimental philosophy, 1661", "Cutter of Coleman-Street", "The Poems of Abraham Cowley", "A selection of poems", "The civil war", "The metaphysical love", "The crypto mistress", "The works"
- "Abraham Cowley" is a book by James G. Taaffe.
- "Abraham Cowley" is a book by M. R. Perkin.
- also known as "Abraham Cowley: a bibliography"
- "Abraham Cowley" is a book by Arthur Hobart Nethercot.
- also known as "Abraham Cowley, the muse's Hannibal"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abraham Cowley
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gary Day, Jack Lynch
[ Abraham Cowley of England, Latin Poems.] Londini: Typis M. Clark, impensis Jo.
A Milton Encyclopedia (1983)
by William Bridges Hunter
George Buchanan's* Latin poetry fills two folio volumes; Thomas Campion, Abraham Cowley*, Richard Crashaw, George Herbert, and Andrew Marvell* were excellent poets in Latin as well as in English. Milton's early poetry is chiefly in Latin ...
by Allen Reddick
poetry from a small group of poets, including most importantly Milton, but with a considerable number from essentially new sources - George Chapman, Edward Young, Abraham Cowley, Walter Harte, Michael Drayton, and, to a lesser extent ...
by Samuel Halkett, John Laing, James Kennedy, Dennis E. Rhodes
Ascribed also to Abraham Cowley and to John Taylor. AD Reginam [verse]. By George Eric Lancaster [George Eric Mackay]. 8vo. [F. Boase's Modern Brit. Biog., vi.] London, 1881 ADA : a tale [in verse]. By Janvier [Joseph Janvier Woodward, ...
Poetry Dictionary (2006)
by John Drury
METAPHYSICAL POETS A group of English poets, including John Donne, Abraham Cowley, George Herbert, and Henry Vaughan, who lived during ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abraham Cowley
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Abraham Cowley
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Abraham Cowley for some fun with words!