On this page:
Who is Abraham Jacobi?
Abraham Jacobi was a pioneer of pediatrics, opening the first children's clinic in the United States. To date, he is the only foreign-born president of the American Medical Association. He helped found the American Journal of Obstetrics.
- also known as Dr. Abraham Jacobi, A. Jacobi
- born on (185 years ago) in Germany
- nationality: United States of America, Germany
- education: University of Bonn
- profession: Physician
- Marriage with Mary Corinna Putnam Jacobi since
- died on (96 years ago) in Lake George
- buried in Green-Wood Cemetery
- written work: "The physical cost of women's work"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Abraham Jacobi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
ABRAHAM JACOBI. Abraham Jacobi, M. D., LL.D., New York City, was born in Westphalia, Germany, on the 6th of May, 1830, and has long been recognized as a leading authority on diseases of children, at the present time holding that chair ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abraham Jacobi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: