Abrar Alvi (actor)
On this page:
Who is Abrar Alvi?
Abrar Alvi was an Indian film writer, director and actor. Most of his notable works are from the 1950s, 1960s done with Guru Dutt. He wrote some of the most respected works of Indian cinema, Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam, Kaagaz Ke Phool, and Pyaasa which have an avid following world over. Pyaasa is included in the All-Time 100 Movies by Time magazine, as chosen by Times movie critics Richard Corliss and Richard Schickel.
- also known as Abrar
- born on (88 years ago)
- nationality: India
- profession: Screenwriter, writer, actor, film director
- died on (5 years ago) in Mumbai
- filmography: played Police Inspector in "12 O'Clock"
- films written:
- films directed:
- some of the nominations and awards:
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi - "Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam", with Guru Dutt
- nominated to Filmfare Award for Best Director - "Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam"
- Filmfare Award for Best Director - "Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam"
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abrar Alvi (actor)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Abrar Alvi for some fun with words!