On this page:
ABS-CBN Corporation is the largest entertainment and media conglomerate in the Philippines. It is one of the core businesses of the Lopez Holdings Corporation and a part of the Lopez Group of Companies which are headed by the López family of Iloilo. The common shares of ABS-CBN was first traded in the Philippine Stock Exchange in July 1992 while the Philippine depository receipt of ABS-CBN Holdings was first offered in October 1999 as Worldtech Holdings. It was formed by the merger of Alto Broadcasting System then owned by American engineer James Lindenberg and Judge Antonio Quirino and the Chronicle Broadcasting Network then owned by media tycoon Eugenio Lopez, Sr. and his brother, the then-Philippine Vice-President Fernando Lopez. Founded on July 11, 1946 by James Lindenberg as Bolinao Electronics Corporation, it was incorporated as ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation on February 1, 1967, shorted to simply ABS-CBN Corporation in 2010.
- also known as ABS-CBN Network, ABS–CBN Corporation
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Telenovela - "Kahit Isang Saglit", with Double Vision
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Telenovela - "Dahil May Isang Ikaw"
- nominated to International Emmy Award for Telenovela - "Precious Hearts Romances Presents" (Impostor)
- official website: www.abs-cbn.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for ABS-CBN Corporation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: