On this page:
- Definition of the noun Absalom
- Phrases with Absalom
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Absalom
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absalom
- Photos about Absalom
- Video language resources about Absalom
- Scrabble value of A1B3S1A1L1O1M3
- Anagrams of ABSALOM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Absalom
What does Absalom mean as a name of something?
Absalom is a genus of Carangidae, described by Whitley in 1937.
- synonym: genus Absalom
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Perciformes
- family: Carangidae
- genus: Pantolabus
Who is Absalom?
Absalom: According to the Bible, Absalom or Avshalom was the third son of David, King of Israel with Maachah, daughter of Talmai, King of Geshur.
- Absalom is a fictional character, a supervillain in the Marvel Universe. He was created by writers Rob Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza, and penciller Mark Pacella. His first appearance was in X-Force #10.
- created by Fabian Nicieza
- Absalom: Fictional representation of Absalom, the third son of David, King of Israel with Maachah, daughter of Talmai, King of Geshur.
- Absalom is a fictional character from the 2013 film Goldberg & Eisenberg.
- "Absalom" is a book by Jack Absalom.
- "Absalom" a.k.a. "Absalom, Absalom" is a play by Lionel Abel.
- read more about Absalom, Absalom
- "Absalom" is a musical EP of Hinindar.
- released on
- "Absalom" is a musical EP of Stick Men.
- released on (4 years ago)
- The Absalom was a wooden ketch that was wrecked at the Macleay River bar at Trial Bay, New South Wales in 1863.
- also known as Absalam
- Absalom is a 1956 theater production of the play by Lionel Abel.
- award: - Obie Award for Best New Play, received by Lionel Abel
Phrases with Absalom
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Absalom
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Weekly Christian Teacher (1838)
'l'hat assigned to Absalom is the most conspicuous. It stands detached from the living rock from which it was hewn;1; its lower portion is quadrangular; upon the four facades are cut Ionic ilasters, above which is a frieze with Doric metopes and ...
First and Second Samuel (2012)
Interpretation: A Bible Commentary for Teaching and Preaching by Walter Brueggemann
The pause about Absalom is a pregnant moment (v. 5). Then the narrator rushes on to battle (vv. 6–8). It is the people (“men of Israel”) against the palace clique (“ servants of David”) (cf. 15:13–14). The killing is massive. The extended narrative ...
by Paul Poplawski
Absalom, Absalom! is again narrated from different viewpoints, with rapid shifts backwards and forwards in time, and the instability of spatial form is interestingly represented by the destruction of the house which Sutpen builds. The Wild Palms ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absalom
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Absalom
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Absalom
Click on an item to play that video:
- Absalom Meaning
Video shows what Absalom means. The third son of David, king of Israel.. Absalom Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Absalom ...
- John Paul Discusses the Absalom Spirit on Joni Table Talk
Like the Jezebel spirit, the Absalom spirit seeks power and position. However, while they are similar in some respects, the strategy can be very different.
- David & Absalom
David & Absalom ***Special thanks to the Brick Testament.
- David and Absalom
One of the saddest stories in the Bible. Father and Son, never understand each other, never drew close and ended in heartbreak.
- Furious Fiction: Discussing William Faulkner's "Absalom, Absalom"
- Don't Fall Prey to the Spirit of Absalom!
This short teaching reveals the rebellious nature of the spirit of Absalom and its agenda to self-promote and divide. A must watch video for all Church leaders.
- William Faulkner Absalom Absalom
- Jack Absalom's: On The Birdsville Track
The most infamous bush track runs for 540 kilometres through the centre of Australia. Its history is the story of personal hardships and tough pioneering people.
- Jack Absalom's The Road To Survival
Jack Absalom's glossary of expert advice for travel and survival in outback Australia or for that matter for survival in any remote desert climate. Survival he says is ...
Scrabble value of A1B3S1A1L1O1M3
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABSALOM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Absalom!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Absalom to find many related words and phrases!