Absalom Willis Robertson
On this page:
Who is Absalom Willis Robertson?
Absalom Willis Robertson was an American politician. A member of the Democratic Party, he represented Virginia in the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate. He was a member of the conservative coalition during his congressional career. He was the father of televangelist Pat Robertson.
- also known as A. Willis Robertson
- born on (128 years ago) in Martinsburg, child of Josephine Ragland Robertson and Franklin Pierce Robertson
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Episcopal Church
- education: University of Richmond
- profession: Lawyer, politician
- Marriage with Gladys Churchill Robertson
- parent of
- died on (44 years ago) in Lexington city
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Absalom Willis Robertson
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Religion and Politics in America: An Encyclopedia of Church and State in American Life [2 volumes] (2016)
An Encyclopedia of Church and State in American Life by Frank J. Smith
Robertson's father, Absalom Willis Robertson, was a prominent U.S. senator (D- Virginia). Robertson attended a military preparatory school, the McDonogh School, and completed high school at Chattanooga's McCallie School. After earning an ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absalom Willis Robertson
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: