On this page:
- Definition of the noun Absalon
- Phrases with Absalon
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Absalon
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absalon
- Photos about Absalon
- Video language resources about Absalon
- Scrabble value of A1B3S1A1L1O1N1
- Anagrams of ABSALON
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Absalon
What does Absalon mean as a name of something?
Absalon is a genus of Carangidae, described by Whitley in 1937.
- synonym: genus Absalon
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Perciformes
- family: Carangidae
- genus: Pantolabus
- Absalon or Axel was a Danish archbishop and statesman, who was the Bishop of Roskilde from 1158 to 1192 and Archbishop of Lund from 1178 until his death. He was the foremost politician and churchfather of Denmark in the second half of the 12th century, and was the closest advisor of King Valdemar I of Denmark. He was a key figure in the Danish policies of territorial expansion in the Baltic Sea, Europeanization in close relationship with the Holy See, and reform in the relation between the Church and the public. He combined the ideals of Gregorian Reform ideals with loyal support of a strong monarchical power.
- Absalon a.k.a. Meir Eshel was a plastic artist.
- read more about Meir Eshel
- Absalon a.k.a. Absalón is a fictional character from the 1993 film The Beginning and the End.
- Absalon is a fictional film character.
Phrases with Absalon
- Absalon radiatus
- species Absalon radiatus
- genus Absalon
- Anthrax Absalon
- Thyridanthrax Absalon
- Species Anthrax Absalon
- Camponotus auropubens absalon
- Subspecies Camponotus Auropubens Absalon
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Absalon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Orr, James
(Codex Vaticanus, Αβεσσα ́λωμος, Abessa ́lo ̄mos and Abessalo ̄ ̇m; Codex Alexandrinus, Absa ́lo ̄mos; the King James Version Absalon): (1) Father of Mattathias, a captain of the Jewish army (1 Macc 11:70; Ant, XIII, v, 7).
Chaucer Name Dictionary (2014)
A Guide to Astrological, Biblical, Historical, Literary, and Mythological Names in the Works of Geoffrey Chaucer by Jacqueline de Weever
ABSALON, ABSOLON1 ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chrisholm
From Arkona Absalon proceeded by sea to Garz, in south Riigen, the political capital of the Wends, and an all but impregnable stronghold. But the unexpected fall of Arkona had terrified the garrison, which surrendered unconditionally at the ...
The General Biographical Dictionary Containing an Historical and Critical Account of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Persons; ... a New Ed. by Alex. Chalmers (1816)
by Alexander Chalmers
, ; Absalon, bishop of Roschild, first ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absalon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Absalon
Click on an item to view that photo:
- HDMS Absalon
L16 HDMS Absalon on her way to Glasgow at the end of the Joint Warrior 13/1 exercise, seen here passing Clydebank
Photo credit: markyharky
- HDMS Absalon
HDMS Absalon headed downriver past Clydebank after a weekend in Glasgow
Photo credit: markyharky
- Kunstwerke Berlin :: Absalon
Photo credit: tomislavmedak
- Bishop Absalon Statue
Founder of Copenhagen Denmark
Photo credit: Eric Lumsden
- Bishop Absalon
Photo credit: Μanu
- Statue d'Absalon
Copenhague, statue d'Absalon
Photo credit: XisPics
- Absalon Mendenhall
Co. H, 39th ILL. Infantry
Photo credit: jajacks62
- Desente D'Absalon
Par Miss Stena.
From the Tissandier Collection.
Photo credit: Double--M
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Absalon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Onboard with Julien Absalon in Rio de Janeiro
- Julien Absalon - The World Champion
- Mighty Ships- HDMS Absalon (Documentary) (HD)
Hunt pirates in the gulf of Aden With the HDMS Absalons crew.
- Julien Absalon about his full suspension bike for the World Champs
Julien Absalon shows his full suspension bike for the World Championships in Hafjell and explains why he's riding a fully at this race.
- Julien Absalon's fifth World Cup win at Mont Ste Anne, a record
Round 5 of the Cross-country UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano at Mont Ste Anne, Canada, saw new faces on the top step of the podium, ...
Scrabble value of A1B3S1A1L1O1N1
The value of this 7-letter word is 9 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ABSALON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Absalon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Absalon to see it in context!