Absence Without Leave
is an acrostic for awl.
On this page:
Definition of the noun absence without leave
What does absence without leave mean as a name of something?
- unauthorized military absence
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of absence without leave: unauthorized absence
- more generic words: abandonment / defection / desertion = withdrawing support or help despite allegiance or responsibility
"Absence Without Leave": Unjustified Absence is a 1939 Italian comedy film directed by Max Neufeld and starring Alida Valli, Amedeo Nazzari and Lilia Silvi. A girl leaves school to marry a doctor, but becomes annoyed by his constant absences and decides to secretly resume her studies.
- also known as Her First Love, Unjustified Absence
- country: Italy
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Giuseppe Amato
- production design by Gastone Medin
- written by Aldo De Benedetti, Carlo Della Posta, Max Neufeld
- based on a story by Max Neufeld, Amedeo Castellazzi, István Békeffi
- Alida Valli as Vera Fabbri
- Amedeo Nazzari as Il dottore Carlo Cristiani
- Lilia Silvi as Luisa Albertini
- Paolo Stoppa as Eugenio Sinibaldi
- Guglielmo Barnabò as Il signor Fabbri
- Lia Orlandini as La signora Fabbri
- Lauro Gazzolo as Il preside
- Olga Solbelli as La professoressa 'cattiva'
- Giacomo Moschini as Il professore 'buono'
- Pina Gallini as Un'insegnante
- Giana Cellini as Una infermiera
- Bianca Della Corte as Una compagna di scuola di Vera #1
- Daniella Drei as Una compagna di scuola di Vera #2
- Liliana Vismara as Una compagna di scuola di Vera #3
- Armandina Bianchi as Una compagna di scuola di Vera #4
- cinematography by Václav Vích
- edited by Maria Rosada
- music by Cesare Andrea Bixio
- costume design by Titina Rota
- genre: Comedy
- released on (75 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Absence Without Leave
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by A.K. Chesterton
Absence without leave is a most serious ...
Servicemember's Legal Guide (2005)
by Jonathan P. Tomes USA, JAG
Because absence without leave is the most wellknown military crime, you may already know about it. You also need to know about some of the other actions the military calls crimes so that you won't commit them out of ignorance. Here are ...
by Peter Rowe
Absence without leave is a serious offence, particularly given the intensity of operations.' 35 The issue may be heightened for pilots of remotely piloted aircraft, as to which see generally, Chapter 9 and for the specific incident of the air strike in ...
Containing an Explanation of the Principal Terms Used in Mathematics, Artillery, and Fortification; and Comprising the Substance of the Latest Regulations on Courts Martial, Pay, Pensions, Allowances, Etc. ; a Comparative Table of Ancient and Modern Geography ; Achievements of the British Army ; with an Address to Gentlemen Entering the Army by E. S. Norman Campbell
Neglect on this head, subjects the individual not only to the penalties attached to Absence without leave, but frequently to a refusal on account of that neglect. ABSENCE, WITHOUT LEAVE. A milder term often used for desertion. All officers ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
— ab-scond- er n absence without leave : the military offense of being absent without leave ab- sen-tee ...
Multilingual Law Dictionary (1979)
by Lawrence Deems Egbert, Fernando Morales Macedo
absence without leave (AWOL) absence (f) illégale ausencia (f) sin permiso (m ) abuse unerlaubtes Ausbleiben (n); eigenmächtige Entfernung (f) 31. absent absent ausente abwesend 32. on leave of absence en congé en uso de licencia ...
Military Dictionary (2009)
by H. L. Scott
See Abandoning A Post ; Absence Without Leave ; Absence With Leave ; Abuses ...
A Law Dictionary Containing Definitions of the Terms and Phrases of American and English Jurisprudence, Ancient and Modern ... (1995)
by Henry Campbell Black
There is a difference between desertion and simple "absence without leave ;'* in order to constitute the former, there must be an intention not to return to the service. Hanson v. South Scituate, 115 Mass. 336. In maritime law. The act by which a ...
by Eric Partridge
absence without leave, give (one) . To discharge (one) suddenly from employment: from ca 1820; ob. absent without leave . (Of one) having absconded: from ca 1860. 2. In c., escaped from prison: id .
Law Dictionary (1986)
Fachwoerterbuch der anglo-amerikanischen Rechtssprache einschliesslich wirtschaftlicher und politischer Begriffe by Dora von Beseler, Barbara Jacobs-Wüstefeld
(absence without leave) mil unerlaubte Entfernung/v, der Truppe; 2. (absent without leave) fahnenflüchtig to go ~ miVsich unerlaubt von der Truppe entfernen , fahnenflüchtig werden back ax(e) s ßg Abbau m; Entlassung/;/« Sparmaßnahme /; ...
Wörterbuch der Handels-, Finanz- und Rechtssprache / Dictionary of Commerical, Financial and Legal Terms / Dictionnaire des Termes Commerciaux, Financiers et Juridiques (2012)
absentéisme | unentschuldigtes ~ | absence without excuse || absence non excusée | unerlaubtes ~ | absence without leave || absence illégale. fernbleiben v | to stay away; to absent os. || s'absenter | unentschuldigt ~ | to be absent without ...
by Abraham Pizam, Judy Holcomb
Covert conflict is individually based and unorganized and usually refers to absenteeism, sick leave, absence without leave, sabotage, poor productivity and work attitude, etc. Congress center Referred to as convention centers in North America ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absence Without Leave
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Absence Without Leave to find many related words and phrases!