On this page:
"Absolute Beginners" is a 1986 British rock musical film adapted from the Colin MacInnes book of the same name about life in late 1950s London. The film was directed by Julien Temple, featured David Bowie and Sade, and a breakthrough role by Patsy Kensit. The film was screened out of competition at the 1986 Cannes Film Festival.
- countries: United Kingdom, England
- language: English Language
- producers: Chris Brown & Stephen Woolley
- executive producers: Nik Powell, Al Clark, Robert Devereux & David Wimbury
- art direction by Stuart Rose
- written by Richard Burridge, Christopher Wicking, Don Macpherson
- based on "Absolute Beginners" by Colin MacInnes
- cinematography by Oliver Stapleton
- edited by Gerry Hambling, Russell Lloyd, Richard Bedford & Michael Bradsell
- music by Gil Evans
- costume design by Sue Blane
- location: London
- genres: Musical, Fantasy, Coming of age, Teen film, Romance Film, Historical period drama, Film adaptation, Musical Drama, Drama
- tagline: Welcome to the world of your dreams!
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (29 years ago)
"Absolute Beginners" is a novel by Colin MacInnes, written and set in 1958 London, England. It was published in 1959. The novel is the second of MacInnes' London Trilogy, coming after City of Spades and before Mr. Love and Justice. These novels are each self-contained, with no shared characters.
- also known as "Absolute Beginners~", "Absolute Beginners (Absolute Classics)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Fiction, Mystery, Suspense
- released in (56 years ago)
- "Absolute Beginners" was the theme tune to the film of the same name, composed and performed by David Bowie.
- music and lyrics by David Bowie
- "Absolute Beginners" was a single released by The Jam on 24 October 1981. Although it did not appear on any of the band's studio albums, it reached number 4 in the UK Singles chart. The song was named after the Colin MacInnes novel of the same name.
- music and lyrics by Paul Weller
- "Absolute Beginners" is the 1986 single by David Bowie.
- released in (29 years ago)
- "Absolute Beginners" is the 1981 single by The Jam.
- genre: Mod revival
- released on (33 years ago)
- "Absolute Beginners" is a musical EP of The Jam.
- released in (34 years ago)
- "Absolute Beginners" is a musical EP of Richard Bivens & Foreign Press.
- released in (9 years ago)
Absolute Beginners is a musical group.
- album: "Det låter som musik"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Absolute Beginners
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Kenneth Muir
ambitious Absolute Beginners is a 1980s musical ...
The Road to Romance and Ruin (2013)
Teen Films and Youth Culture by Jon Lewis
Absolute Beginners is a tour de force of steadicam cinematography and pop postmodernism. A closer look, though, reveals a rationale for such stylistic indulgence (and such a departure from ...
Castles Made of Sound (2002)
The Story of Gil Evans by Larry Hicock
Absolute Beginners is an offbeat musical that satirizes the emergence of rock and roll in the swinging London of the 1950s, It features rock star David Bowie, along with cameo appearances by several British-based pop and rock artists (Sade, ...
The Movie Guide (1992)
by James Monaco
ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS is a tale of two swinging English teens, Colin (Eddie O' Connell) and Crepe Suzette (Patsy Kensit). set against the backdrop of emerging youth culture and racial tension in late 1950s London. As Suzette becomes a ...
by Tom Dalzell, Terry Victor
Colin MacInnes, Absolute Beginners, 1959 Oh, couldn« t be doing with all that naph drag, ducky. ¦. Barry Took and Marty Feldman, Round The Horne, 10 April 1966. ¦. the cast of. ®Aspects. of Love ̄, Prince of Wales ...
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
Gil Evans for film Absolute Beginners '85; has also been active as teacher and comp. App. at MJF '93. CDs: w. John Donaldson (Koch Jz.); Michael Gibbs (Ah Um). BALLANTYNE, JON WILLIAM, pno, comp; b. Prince Albert, Sask., Canada, ...
Encyclopedia of Television (2014)
by Horace Newcomb
All Good Men 1974 Absolute Beginners (part of Fall of Eagles ...
by David Singleton
The papers reporting this study make the point that the ten subjects under scrutiny presented as highly homogeneous in the sense that at university entry they were all absolute beginners in relation to the German language, that they were all ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absolute Beginners
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Absolute Beginners
Photo credit: Thomas Leuthard
Video language resources about Absolute Beginners
Click on an item to play that video:
- Zen for Absolute Beginners 099: The Secret Meaning
142. What is uttered by Buddhas of Transformation and what is uttered by Buddhas of Maturity constitute the doctrine fully developed in the sutras, whose secret ...
- C language for absolute beginners(Setting up your PC)
- Absolute Beginners Reading for Children or ESL Adults
- Zen for Absolute Beginners 113: Language & Being
175. Language belongs to the realm of thought, the truth becomes [thus] wrongly [represented]; transcendental knowledge (prajna) being discriminated by ...
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Absolute Beginners for some fun with words!