On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun absorbent material
What does absorbent material mean as a name of something?
- a material having capacity or tendency to absorb another substance
- lexical domain: Substances - nouns denoting substances
- synonym of absorbent material: absorbent
- more generic terms: sorbent / sorbent material = a material that sorbs another substance
- more specific terms:
- sponge = a porous mass of interlacing fibers that forms the internal skeleton of various marine animals and usable to absorb water or any porous rubber or cellulose product similarly used
- absorber = material in a nuclear reactor that absorbs radiation
- absorbent cotton = cotton made absorbent by removal of the natural wax
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Absorbent Material
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Mary Eaton
prepared in the following manner: for the first coat, take twenty-one pounds of fine whiting, or oyster- shells, or any other sea-shells calcined, or plaster of Paris, or any calcareous material calcined and pounded, or any absorbent material ...
by Alireza Bahadori, Scott T. Smith
After exposure for a known time, the absorbent material is chemically analysed and the ...
by Sunggyu Lee
selection of absorbent material; 2) equilibrium data evaluation; 3) estimation of operating data, ...
by Bruce C. Wyman, L. Harold Stevenson
is wiped across a table, sink, or other surface, and the absorbent material is then assayed for radioactivity. wise use movement A diverse ...
Dictionary of Medical Terms (2010)
by A & C Black Publishers Ltd
ŋ/ noun absorbent material put into a wound or part of ...
by John Daintith
To heat a solid porous material in order to drive off absorbed water and other substances, thus producing an absorbent material. Activated alumina, made by heating aluminium oxide, is used for absorbing gases and for chromatography.
natural sponge Particularly soft, flexible absorbent material that comes from the dried skeleton of marine animals and is used for ...
by Chris K. Dyer, Patrick T. Moseley, Zempachi Ogumi, David A. J. Rand, Bruno Scrosati
The separator system used in Ag– Zn batteries therefore consists of a nonwoven absorbent material combined with a semipermeable membrane, which allows the transport of electrolyte but prevents the passage of silver ions. The nonwoven ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Absorbent Material
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Absorbent Material
If you need images about Absorbent Material for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Absorbent Material to see it in context!