On this page:
Definition of the noun abstract entity
What does abstract entity mean as a name of something?
- a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples
- lexical domain: Tops - unique beginner for nouns
- synonym of abstract entity: abstraction
- more generic word: entity = that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence
- more specific terms:
- psychological feature = a feature of the mental life of a living organism
- attribute = an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
- grouping / group = any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
- relation = an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
- communication = something that is communicated by or to or between people or groups
- quantity / measure / amount = how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- otherworld = an abstract spiritual world beyond earthly reality
- set = an abstract collection of numbers or symbols
"Abstract Entity" is a musical album of Kiana.
- released in (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abstract Entity
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sherif Okasha
4:1:2:1 Abstract entities versus concrete entities An abstract entity such as [a] science is an individuated mental realization of the abstract concept SCIENCE. Abstract entities are extensionally opaque in such a way as concrete entities are.
by Pamela B. Faber, Ricardo Mairal Usón
The unbroken line signifies that the perceived entity is concrete and as such, belongs to the outside world, while the dotted line indicates the perception of an abstract entity. Two arrows have been used because these verbs entail both types of ...
by Harry J. Gensler
First, there is the set of green things; this set seems to be not a physical or mental entity, but rather an abstract entity. Second, there is the property of greenness, which can apply either to the color as experienced or to its underlying physical ...
Dictionary of Philosophy (2002)
by Alan Lacey
An abstract entity may be one constructed by the mind through the process of ABSTRACTION. But the term is also sometimes used for entities regarded as being outside space and time, as, e.g. numbers are for a Platonist philosopher of ...
by Michael Proudfoot, A.R. Lacey
An abstract entity may be one constructed bythemindthrough the process of ABSTRACTION. But the term isalsosometimesused for entities regarded as being outside space and time, as, e.g. numbers are for a Platonist philosopher of ...
Definition of Terms and Concepts by Clifton A. Ericson, II
A function may also be an abstract entity, such as a mathematical function that associates an input to a corresponding output according to some rule, or a software function that is a portion of code that performs a specific task. At the top level, ...
by Núria Gala, Reinhard Rapp, Gemma Bel-Enguix
=> abstract entity -- (an entity that exists only abstractly) => entity -- (that ...
Structuring the Lexicon (2010)
A Clustered Model for Near-Synonymy by Dagmar Divjak
abstract entity as depicted in (c). The intermediary atemporal relational predication an infinitive represents is visualized in (b).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abstract Entity
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abstract Entity to find many related words and phrases!