On this page:
Definition of the noun abstract entity
What does abstract entity mean as a name of something?
- a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples
- lexical domain: Tops - unique beginner for nouns
- synonym of abstract entity: abstraction
- more generic word: entity = that which is perceived or known or inferred to have its own distinct existence
- more specific terms:
- psychological feature = a feature of the mental life of a living organism
- attribute = an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of an entity
- grouping / group = any number of entities (members) considered as a unit
- relation = an abstraction belonging to or characteristic of two entities or parts together
- communication = something that is communicated by or to or between people or groups
- quantity / measure / amount = how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- otherworld = an abstract spiritual world beyond earthly reality
- set = an abstract collection of numbers or symbols
"Abstract Entity" is a musical album of Kiana.
- released in (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abstract Entity
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Sherif Okasha
4:1:2:1 Abstract entities versus concrete entities An abstract entity such as [a] science is an individuated mental realization of the abstract concept SCIENCE. Abstract entities are extensionally opaque in such a way as concrete entities are.
by Pamela B. Faber, Ricardo Mairal Usón
The unbroken line signifies that the perceived entity is concrete and as such, belongs to the outside world, while the dotted line indicates the perception of an abstract entity. Two arrows have been used because these verbs entail both types of ...
by Harry J. Gensler
First, there is the set of green things; this set seems to be not a physical or mental entity, but rather an abstract entity. Second, there is the property of greenness, which can apply either to the color as experienced or to its underlying physical ...
Volume 45 - Supplement 10: Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, Second Edition to Vocabularies for Online Subject Searching by Allen Kent
Knowledge per se is an abstract entity. Until or unless it is embodied in some physical carrier it cannot easily be handled, preserved, and disseminated. Though the nature and physical shape of knowledge carriers, called documents, has ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1919)
A Library of Universal Knowledge
In place of the original Chinese religion, when the forefathers worshipped a personal god, Confucianism substituted an abstract entity devoid of personality. After Confucius (q.v.) had set down in literary form the traditions and teachings of the ...
A Dictionary of Law (1913)
Consisting of Judicial Definitions and Explanations of Words, Phrases, and Maxims, and an Exposition of the Principles of Law : Comprising a Dictionary and Compendium of American and English Jurisprudence by William Caldwell Anderson
Government is an abstract entity. it speaks and acts through agents; these hold offices under law, constitutional or statutory, with prescribed duties and limited authority.' The theory of our government is that all public stations are trusts, and that ...
Middle English Dictionary (1994)
by Robert E. Lewis, Marilyn S. Miller, Mary Jane Williams
to an abstract entity, abstraction, etc.
by Samuel Johnson
Abstract entity supposed to preside over the material and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abstract Entity
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Abstract Entity
Abstract Entity, 2013, Iggy Rodriguez
Photo credit: andangjuan
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abstract Entity to find many related words and phrases!