Abu Nidal Organization
On this page:
Definition of the noun abu nidal organization
What does abu nidal organization mean as a name of something?
- a Palestinian international terrorist organization that split from the PLO in 1974; has conducted terrorist attacks in 20 countries
- regions: Palestine; Al-Iraq / Irak / Iraq / Republic of Iraq; Lebanese Republic / Lebanon; Libya / Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of Abu Nidal Organization: ANO / Arab Revolutionary Brigades / Black September / Fatah Revolutionary Council / Fatah-RC / Revolutionary Organization of Socialist Muslims
- instance of: foreign terrorist organization / FTO / terrorist group / terrorist organization = a political movement that uses terror as a weapon to achieve its goals
The Abu Nidal Organization is the most common name for the Palestinian group Fatah–The Revolutionary Council, also known as Black June, the Arab Revolutionary Brigades, the Revolutionary Organization of Socialist Muslims, and sometimes operating as Black September.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Abu Nidal Organization
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Politics of Terrorism (2010)
A Survey by Andrew T .H. Tan
The Abu Nidal Organization is a Palestinian extremist group that split from the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) led by Yasser Arafat in November 1974. Its official name is Fatah al-Qiyadah al-Thawriyyah or Fatah Revolutionary Council ...
by Stephen E. Atkins
Since 1990, the Abu Nidal Organization has deteriorated and has become almost inactive. In the 1980s, terrorist experts classified the ANO as one of the most active and dangerous terrorist groups operating. Political pressure from Western ...
From the Rise of Al-Qaeda to 9/11 and Beyond by Jan Goldman Ph.D.
Abu Nidal soon accused the PLO of treason, formed the Abu Nidal Organization (ANO), and became Arafat's bitter rival.
Encyclopedia of Terrorism (2012)
by Peter Chalk
See also: Abu Nidal Organization (ANO); Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO); 542 NIDAL, ...
by Martha Crenshaw, John Pimlott
leader of the Fatah Revolutionary Council (also known as the Abu Nidal Organization), based in Damascus, Syria, from 1983 to 1987, and in ...
by Mathieu Guidère
such as the Arab Revolutionary Brigades, Black June, and the Revolutionary Organization of Socialist Muslims—although experts tend to refer to these groups under the umbrella name Abu Nidal Organization, as it is unclear whether all of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Abu Nidal Organization
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Abu Nidal Organization to find many related words and phrases!