Academia appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- To desire-claimed academia, nun awards draw an unaimed academial cerise dot.
- On one idyll, a turbogenerator aimed academia rota, Rene: go, brutally die, no, no!
- To lay a bad egg, anti-semite Moslem academia maimed a camel: sometimes it nagged a bay a lot.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun academia
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Academia
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Academia
- Photos about Academia
- Video language resources about Academia
- Quotes about Academia
- Scrabble value of A1C3A1D2E1M3I1A1
- Share this page
Academia is a member of the word family academy, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun academia
What does academia mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: academias
- the academic world
- example: Inverted exclamation and question marks were invented by the Real Academia Española to make ASCII look racist.
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of academia: academe
- more generic words: domain / world = people in general
Alternative definition of the noun academia
- The scientific and cultural community engaged in higher education and research, taken as a whole.
Academia is a musical group.
- album: "Dance To The Music"
"Academia" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- Academia a.k.a. Racing Club de Avellaneda: Racing Club is an Argentine professional sports club based in Avellaneda, a city of Greater Buenos Aires. Founded in 1903, Racing has been historically considered one of the "big five" clubs of Argentine football.
- read more about Racing Club de Avellaneda
- Academia was a Soviet publishing house prior to the merger with Goslitizdat. The publishing house employed many prominent Russian graphic artists and issued over one thousand books during its existence. Academia, in particular, published the first translation of One Thousand and One Nights into Russian directly from the Arabic source, made by Mikhail Salye.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Academia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Identity, Conduct, and the Neoliberal Condition by Jeffrey R. Di Leo
describes the traditional, representative emotions of higher education as follows: Modern academia is an organisation [sic] that is historically rooted in the tension between the Enlightenment's thirst for knowledge and the constricting dogmas ...
Process, Structure, and Consequence by Victor N. Shaw
Postmodern academia is a world filled with modernist residuals and postmodernist creations. The modernist conquest, in the spirit that nothing in the universe should remain off-limit to human inquiry, has led to the establishment of every ...
From the Top Down and the Bottom Up by Robert J. Sternberg, Elizabeth Davis, April C. Mason, Robert V. Smith, Jeffrey S. Vitter, Michele Wheatly
Academia is a strange business. Like all businesses, it needs leaders. In the world of for-profit business, leadership is a huge topic. The same is true in most organizations, whether military or sports or whatever. Yet, unlike other organizations, ...
by Karl Erik Sveiby, Pernilla Gripenberg, Beata Segercrantz
Academia is a central part ofwhat Thrift (2005) calls the cultural circuit of capitalism. In modern forms of capitalism, the production and exchange of knowledge is increasingly managed 'through the production of theories, texts, and practical ...
Theorizing Globalization (2012)
A Critique of the Mediatization of Social Theory by Marko Ampuja
An important reason why the concept of globalization has gained such a fijirm foothold in academia is that it is not only used to describe a host of changes in social and cultural ...
Proceedings of the National Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering: Perspectives of Developing Countries (ACEDEC-2003): Structures engineering and geotechnical infrastructure development (2003)
A proactive role by the Indian academia is the call of the day. The current national plans of embarking on many mega-projects in the civil engineering sector have placed suddenly a large share of responsibility on the shoulders of the structural ...
Academic Governance (2013)
Disciplines and Policy by Jenny Lewis
Academia is an important site for producing knowledge, which is crucial in driving economies and societies around the globe. Yet surprisingly little is known about how contemporary universities are shaped by the formal and multiple demands ...
by Salvatore Bizzarro
ACADEMIA CHILENA DE BELLAS ARTES. See INSTITUTO DE CHILE. ACADEMIA CHILENA DE LA HISTORIA. See INSTITUTO DE CHILE.
by Howard Mancing
Academia de Atenas. * Academy ...
by Khosrow-Pour, D.B.A., Mehdi
Magdalena Bielenia-Grajewska University of Gdansk, Poland INTRODUCTION The aim of this contribution is to investigate the key notions characterizing the academia of the twenty-first century, especially the sphere of online learning.
convention among academia was to follow a modified version of the schema used in the New Edition of The Encylopaedia of Islam (hereinafter EI), which employed an awkward spelling for “Qur'n” (using “K” with a dot underneath rather than ...
by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren, Heinz-Josef Fabry
Abbreviations AAAS Annales archeologiques Arabes Syriennes, Damascus AANLR Atti dell' Academia Nazionale dei Lincei, Rendiconti, Rome AAWLM.G Abhandlungen der Akademie der Wissenschafien und der Literature in Mainz, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Academia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Academia
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Academia
Click on an item to play that video:
- Academia Meaning
Video shows what academia means. The scientific and cultural community engaged in higher education and research, taken as a whole.. Continuous study at ...
- The Meaning of Design in Healthcare: Industry, Academia, Visual Design...
Full Title: The Meaning of Design in Healthcare: Industry, Academia, Visual Design, Clinician, Patient and HF Consultant Perspectives Authors: Svetlena Taneva ...
- Waterside Hypotheses 3: The response from academia and a new definition
Part 3 of 5. This segment details the rather inadequate response from academia to the so-called "aquatic ape hypothesis" and argues that it has been completely ...
- Academia language and review center
Academia aims to provide real-world connections and promote cross-cultural understanding through education.
- Academia Cuauhtli Works to Bridge History with Language
Every Saturday at The Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center Academia Cuauhtli teaches Mexican children Tejano and Mexican history in ...
- Academia English Language Institute Video lesson 1
Academia English Language Institute - Video Lesson 1.
- Academia English Language Institute Video Lesson 2
- Academia language and review Center
Learning English could be so hard and boring but the most effective and efficient way to learn the English Language is to learn with the innovative teachers that ...
- LANGUAGE CAMPUS - TU ACADEMIA DE IDIOMAS
- [Spain Language course] Academia AIFP Language School
- ESL Hollywood English movies academia de ingles
- Academia de idiomas World of Language
See also the pronunciation examples of Academia!
Quotes about Academia
Scrabble value of A1C3A1D2E1M3I1A1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Academia to see it in context!