On this page:
Definition of the noun academic robe
What does academic robe mean as a name of something?
- a gown worn by academics or judges
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of academic robe: academic gown / judge's robe
- more generic words: gown / robe = outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
- more specific term: Geneva gown = black academic gown widely used by Protestant clergymen
- part of: academic costume = a costume worn on formal occasions by the faculty or students of a university or college
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Academic Robe
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
Coats/Overgarments gaberdine smock gymslip wrap skirt academic gown greatcoat smoking jacket harem skirt wraparound academic hood hacking jacket soutane hobble skirt academic robe haik spencer hoop skirt Hosiery afghan happi coat ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
gulf Abysses—depths Academic—pupil, scholar Academic absentee—truant Academic award—degree Academic discipline—science Academic periods— terms Academic robe/wear—gown Academic—scholastic Academic work— studies, ...
by Houghton Mifflin Company, Webster
An ornamental draping of cloth hung from the shoulders of an ecclesiastical or academic robe. 3. A sack for covering a falcon's bead to keep it quiet, 4. Something shaped or functioning like a hood is: a. A metal covei or cowl mi a hearth 01 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Academic Robe
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Academic Robe
If you need images about Academic Robe for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Academic Robe to find many related words and phrases!