On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun academy award
What does academy award mean as a name of something?
- an annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance
Alternative definition of the noun academy award
- An award in any of various fields related to moviemaking, most prominently acting, generally awarded at a televised gala to winners who then speak.
Academy Award was a CBS radio anthology series which presented 30-minute adaptations of plays, novels or films.
- also known as Academy Award Theater
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Academy Award
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Seth Godin, Lark Productions LLC, Seth Godin Productions
Academy Award Winners (continued) Academy Award Winners (continued) Academy Award. WPA Works Progress Administration WPC World Population Council WPM words per minute WPS World Population Society WRAF Women's Royal Air Force WRI World Resources Institute WTO World Trade Organization W .Va West Virginia WWF World Wildlife Fund WW! WorldWatch Institute Wyo. Wyoming xmg. crossing YAF Young America Foundation YAF Young Americans for Freedom ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Academy Award
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Academy Award
Click on an item to view that photo:
Academy Award Nominee Richard Jenkins
WEBN TV with Academy Award Nominee Richard Jenkins. 02/20/09
Photo credit: WEBN-TV
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Academy Award
Click on an item to play that video:
- Academy Award Meaning
Video shows what Academy Award means. An award in any of various fields related to moviemaking, most prominently acting, generally awarded at a televised ...
- Oscars 2014 | The Race for the Foreign Language Academy Award | The New York Times
This year, it's a horse race for the best foreign language Oscar. Most of the nominated films have not be widely seen and even late in the season, there was still ...
- Amarcord winning the Academy Award for Foreign Language Film
Susan George presenting with Jack Valenti the winner of the Academy Award for Foreign Language film. Introduced by Frank Sinatra.
- Departures by Yojiro Takita 2009 Academy Award Winner Best Foreign Language Film
Out DEC 4 2009 in the UK Cinemas A delightful and sensitive journey into the heartland of Japan and an astonishingly beautiful look at a sacred part of Japan's ...
- Poland's "Ida" wins the Academy Award for best foreign language film
United States, Feb 23 (ANI): Black-and-white Polish drama "Ida" won the Oscar for best foreign language film, capping a successful awards season run in which ...
- Oscars 2014 The Race for the Foreign Language Academy Award The New York Times
See also the pronunciation examples of Academy Award!
Quotes about Academy Award
Do not tell somebody how to vote, just go up to them and tell them what Fahrenheit 9/11 meant to you. Fahrenheit will probably not win an Academy Award, but if you put it first on your list, it will become a nominee. (Valerie Harper)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Academy Award to see it in context!