On this page:
Definition of the noun acanthisittidae
What does acanthisittidae mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- alternative names for the family comprising the New Zealand wrens
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Xenicidae
- synonyms of Acanthisittidae: family Acanthisittidae / family Xenicidae
- more generic term: bird family = a family of warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings
- member of: Oscines / Passeres / suborder Oscines / suborder Passeres = two names for the suborder of typical songbirds
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acanthisittidae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Islands (2009)
by Rosemary G. Gillespie, D. A. Clague
Columbidae Mauritius Psittacidae Mauritius Rallidae Rodrigues Rallidae Réunion Threskiornithidae Oceania New Zealand Acanthisittidae New Zealand Acanthisittidae New Zealand Acanthisittidae New Zealand Aegothelidae New Zealand ...
Also called Acanthisittidae. They were formerly sup: posed to be creepers, warblers, nuthatches, or wrens, and classed accordingly, but are now placed in the vicinity of the Old World ant-thrushes and related forms (Pittidae, etc.). There is only ...
The Century Dictionary (1895)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
Also called Acanthisittidae. They were formerly supposed to be creepers, warblers, nuthatches, or wrens, and classed accordingly, but are now placed in the vicinity of the Old World ant-thrushes and related forms (Pittidae, etc.). There is only ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acanthisittidae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1C3A1N1T1H4I1S1I1T1T1I1D2A1E1
The value of this 15-letter word is 21 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acanthisittidae to find many related words and phrases!