On this page:
Definition of the noun acanthocereus
What does acanthocereus mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- mostly trailing cacti having nocturnal white flowers; tropical America and Caribbean region
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Acanthocereus: genus Acanthocereus
- more generic term: caryophylloid dicot genus = genus of relatively early dicotyledonous plants including mostly flowers
- member of: Cactaceae / cactus family / family Cactaceae = constituting the order Opuntiales
Phrases with Acanthocereus
Phrases starting with the word Acanthocereus:
- Acanthocereus horridus
- Acanthocereus Pitajaya
- Acanthocereus Maculatus
- Acanthocereus Undulosus
- Acanthocereus albicaulis
- Acanthocereus floridanus
- acanthocereus pentagonus
- Acanthocereus subinermis
- acanthocereus tetragonus
- Acanthocereus baxaniensis
- Acanthocereus colombianus
- Acanthocereus Thalassinus
- Acanthocereus occidentalis
Phrase ending with the word Acanthocereus:
Other phrases containing the word Acanthocereus:
- species Acanthocereus horridus
- Species Acanthocereus Pitajaya
- Species Acanthocereus Maculatus
- Species Acanthocereus Undulosus
- Species Acanthocereus Albicaulis
- Species Acanthocereus Floridanus
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acanthocereus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
" Acanthocereus (A. Berger) Britton & Rose Cactaceae Origins: A ...
by Meena Francis
undulatus, Stenocereus queretaroensis, Acanthocereus sp.) is commonly called pitahaya, pitaj- aya, pitaya. The fruit of all cacti is safe to eat, avoiding spines, glochids and tiny hairs present on fruit of some species, ...
The Definitive Guide to All Flower Essences, their Making and Uses by Clare G. Harvey
Veil of Dreams Cactus ( Acanthocereus Horridus) (India). Enhances ability to dream consciously and step through the veil of dreams so that you can understand the mysteries behind dreams.
by Urs Eggli, Leonard E. Newton
(Acanthocereus) - (3) for the leaf arrangement. (Crassula) - (4) for the almost square shape of the fused leaf pair when viewed from above. (Conophytum angelicae ssp.) tetramerus Gr., four-merous; for the flowers. (Crassula sieberiana ssp.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acanthocereus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acanthocereus
Click on an item to view that photo:
Native to Central America, where it is known as Nopal de Cruz. Photo from southwestern Nicaragua.</p><p>In context at...
Photo credit: Dick Culbert
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of A1C3A1N1T1H4O1C3E1R1E1U1S1
The value of this 13-letter word is 20 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acanthocereus to find many related words and phrases!