On this page:
Definition of the noun Acanthocobitis
What does Acanthocobitis mean as a name of something?
Acanthocobitis is a genus of Nemacheilidae, described by Peters in 1861.
- synonyms: genus Acanthocobitis / Paracanthocobitis / genus Paracanthocobitis
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Chordata
- class: Actinopterygii
- order: Cypriniformes
- family: Nemacheilidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Acanthocobitis is a genus of Nemacheilidae.
Phrases with Acanthocobitis
Phrases starting with the word Acanthocobitis:
- Acanthocobitis botia
- Acanthocobitis Mooreh
- Acanthocobitis Pictilis
- Acanthocobitis Pavonacea
- Acanthocobitis Pavonaceus
- Acanthocobitis Rubidipinnis
- Acanthocobitis Urophthalmus
- Acanthocobitis Zonalternans
Phrase ending with the word Acanthocobitis:
Other phrases containing the word Acanthocobitis:
- species Acanthocobitis botia
- species Acanthocobitis rubidipinnis
- Species Acanthocobitis Urophthalmus
- species Acanthocobitis zonalternans
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Acanthocobitis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Encyclopedia of the World's Geographic Features by Joyce A. Quinn, Susan L. Woodward
Bottom dwellers include mottled loach (Acanthocobitis botia) and several fish which reach 3–6 ft (1–2 m) long, including the clown knifefish (Chitala chitala) and several catfish (Bagarius yarrelli, Silonia silondia, Sperata aor, and Sperata ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acanthocobitis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1C3A1N1T1H4O1C3O1B3I1T1I1S1
The value of this 14-letter word is 23 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acanthocobitis to find many related words and phrases!