On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun accent mark
What does accent mark mean as a name of something?
- a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
- domain: language / linguistic communication
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of accent mark: accent
- more generic terms: diacritic / diacritical mark = a mark added to a letter to indicate a special pronunciation
- more specific terms:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accent mark
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Louis Charles Elson
Sometimes a double stem is used as an accent mark, ...
A Pronouncing Gazetteer and Geographical Dictionary of the Philippine Islands, United States of America, with Maps, Charts and Illustrations (1902)
Also the Law of the Civil Government in the Philippine Islands Passed by Congress and Approved by the President July 1, 1902, with a Complete Index by United States. Bureau of Insular Affairs, De Benneville Randolph Keim
All words ending in a consonant other than n or s and which are accented on the penultimate must bear the accent mark (Abuyog, Apalit, Balabac), the rule being that the greater part of words ending in other consonants than n or s are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accent mark
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Accent mark
Photo credit: Silver Tusk
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Accent mark to find many related words and phrases!