On this page:
- Definition of the adjective accepted
- Definition of the verb accepted
- Phrases with Accepted
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accepted
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accepted
- Photos about Accepted
- Video language resources about Accepted
- Quotes about Accepted
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3E1P3T1E1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective accepted
What does accepted mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more accepted / most accepted
- generally approved or compelling recognition
Definition of the verb accepted
What does accepted mean as a doing word?
- past of accept
"Accepted" is a 2006 American comedy film directed by Steve Pink and written by Adam Cooper, Bill Collage, and Mark Perez. The plot follows a group of high school graduates who create their own fake college after being rejected from the colleges to which they applied. The story takes place in Wickliffe and a fictitious college town called Harmon in Ohio. Filming took place in Los Angeles and Orange in California at Chapman University. This film was later remade in Bollywood as F.A.L.T.
- also known as Accepté, Admis à tous prix, Ammesso, Admitido, Çilginlar Sinifi, Felvéve, Foititis sta psemata!, S.H.I.T. - Die Highschool GmbH, Przyjety
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Michael Bostick & Tom Shadyac
- executive producers: Louis G. Friedman, Brian Lutz, Mark Perez
- production design by Rusty Smith
- art direction by Denise Hudson
- written by Mark Perez, Bill Collage, Adam Cooper
- based on a story by Mark Perez
- Justin Long as Bartleby Gaines
- Jonah Hill as Sherman Schrader
- Adam Herschman as Glen
- Columbus Short as Daryl 'Hands' Holloway
- Maria Thayer as Rory Thayer
- Lewis Black as Ben Lewis
- Blake Lively as Monica Moreland
- Mark Derwin as Jack Gaines
- Ann Cusack as Diane Gaines
- Hannah Marks as Lizzie Gaines
- Robin Taylor as Abernathy Darwin Dunlap
- Sam Horrigan as Mike Welsh
- Joe Hursley as Maurice
- Anthony Heald as Dean Richard Van Horne
- Travis Van Winkle as Hoyt Ambrose
- Kaitlin Doubleday as Gwynn
- Diora Baird as Kiki
- Christian Long as Sandwich Mascot
- Kellan Lutz as Dwayne
- Jeremy Howard as Freaky Student
- Ross Patterson as Mike McNaughton
- Artie Baxter as Mike Chambers
- Brendan Miller as Wayne
- Chantelle Tibbs as Confused Kid
- Yorke Fryer as S. H. Student in Hallway #1
- Skyler Stone as S. H. Student in Hallway #2
- James Taku Leung as S. H. Student in Hallway #3
- Ernest Shaun Reyes as Random S. H. Student
- Matt Noble as Big Larry
- Lisa Gleave as Kiki's Best Friend #1
- Alejandra Gutierrez as Kiki's Best Friend #2
- Jim O'Heir as Mr. Schrader
- Darcy Shean as Mrs. Schrader
- Jay Harik as Family Friend
- Mathew Vigil as Shoe Store Boy
- Debbon Ayer as Shoe Store Mother
- Carla Jimenez as Shoe Store Manager
- Ned Schmidtke as Dr. J. Alexander
- Tim Bagley as Vice Principal Matthews
- Ray Santiago as Boy Going to Princeton
- Margaret Travolta as Academic Counselor
- Brian Powell as Economics Teacher
- Mike Daily as Stressed-out Student #1
- Jeff Duby as Stressed-out Student #2
- Scott Adsit as Drop-off Dad
- Lindy Loundagin as Drop-off Mom
- Steve Little as Desk Clerk
- Ethan Hova as Male Graduate
- Paraic McGann as BKE Pledge with Jacket
- Arthur Leo as ESL Student
- casting by Joseph Middleton
- cinematography by Matthew F. Leonetti
- edited by Scott Hill
- music by David Schommer
- costume design by Genevieve Tyrrell
- set decoration by Sara Andrews & Kieran Brown
- genres: Teen film, Comedy
- tagline: Reject rejection
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (8 years ago)
Phrases with Accepted
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accepted
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
What Children Need to Know by Linda Goldman
Being accepted means being liked for being ourselves just the way we are. We shouldn't feel pressure to change or feel judged. Girls and boys can be who they are and do what feels right for them and feel confident and strong inside, which is ...
Person-Centered Innovations by Renate Motschnig, David Ryback
Being accepted means that the other person perceives us with all our potentials as well as limitations and provides space to us—a characteristic of inclusion in the sense of making space in one's inner world for the other. Acceptance, however ...
by Michael J. Stahl
Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAPs) are used by accountants and organizations as a guiding framework to formulate financial statements. Each country has its own set of GAAPs; however, there is a push toward harmonizing ...
Encyclopedia of Texas (2001)
by Nancy Capace
Money accepted under this subsection is state money. State agencies may spend money accepted under this subsection and no other money, for specific programs and projects to be conducted by local level or other private, nonsectarian ...
by Kristi L. Wiley
The term canon is problematic because there is not a single authoritative list of texts accepted as sacred scripture by all of the sectarian traditions. In most discussions of the Jain scriptures, it is assumed that there is a fixed canon of 45 texts ...
Encyclopedia of Religions (2008)
by John G. R. Forlong
Cyril accepted the arrangement and allowed Paul of Emesa to preach in the cathedral at Alexandria on Christmas day. It was now agreed that : " the Holy Virgin was the Theo-tokos (' parent of God '), the bringer-forth of Emmanuel . . . the one ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accepted
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accepted
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accepted
Click on an item to play that video:
- Henrik Kjelin: The advantages of a Commonly Accepted Terminology among voice teachers
Henrik's presentation at XXII Annual Pacific Voice Conference (PVC) Krakow, Poland, April 2014. --- Abstract: The advantages of a common accepted ...
- Pakistan Has Accepted India's Definition Of Terrorism: MJ Akbar
BJP leader MJ Akbar addressing a press conference shortly after Modi and Nawaz Sharif held talks in Ufa, Russia. Listen In. Follow us: YouTube: ...
- BJP Claims Big Victory | Pakistan Accepted India's Definition of Terrorism | RUSSIA UFA 2015
Prime Minister Narendra Modi achieved a major breakthrough in India's ties with Pakistan after Islamabad agreed to Delhi's long held view that all forms of terror ...
- 2 4 1 4 Why no generally accepted definition 11 06
- Pak has accepted India's definition on terrorism for first time says BJP NewspointTV
BJP today said, it is the first time that Pakistan has accepted to combat terrorism in all its forms. , Party spokesperson M J Akbar said this while speaking to ...
- Nigerian Pidgin English accepted as unofficial second language
The language has its roots in colonial times. It's learned on the streets - but many believe it should be taught in schools.
- Indigenous Language Challenge, accepted (nuuchahnulth)
- Language Accepted by DFA : Automata Theory
Acceptance by a DFA Theory of Computation Video lecture for gate exam preparation computer science what is meant by a DFA (deterministic finite automaton) ...
- Mod-01 Lec-08 Formal description of NFA, language accepted by NFA, such languages are also regular.
Theory of Computation by Prof. Somenath Biswas,Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kanpur.
- Accepted versus Acceptable - The Difference - ESL British English Pronunciation
- Rosetta Stone Language sets 50 per set Paypal accepted+Ships Free
View more videos about Accepted pairing.
See also the pronunciation examples of Accepted!
Quotes about Accepted
Evil is a fact not to be explained away, but to be accepted and accepted not to be endured, but to be conquered. It is a challenge neither to our reason nor to our patience, but to our courage. (John Andrew Holmes)
more quotes about accepted...
Scrabble value of A1C3C3E1P3T1E1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accepted to see it in context!