On this page:
- Definition of the adjective accompanying
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accompanying
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accompanying
- Photos about Accompanying
- Video language resources about Accompanying
- Quotes about Accompanying
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3O1M3P3A1N1Y4I1N1G2
- Share this page
Accompanying is a member of the word family accompany, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective accompanying
What does accompanying mean as an attribute of a noun?
- occurring with or following as a consequence
- examples: It may be problematic to dissuade your parents from accompanying you to the event. | I ordered a textbook from the internet, but I had to return it as it lacked accompanying audio CDs. | This symbol is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operating and maintenance (servicing) instructions in the literature accompanying the console. | In front of the water fountain, there was a young woman accompanying herself on a guitar.
- synonyms of accompanying: attendant / collateral / concomitant / consequent / ensuant / incidental / resultant / sequent
- similar: subsequent
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accompanying
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
International Council of Scientific Unions (ICSU) to Intrex Project by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour, Jay E. Daily
First, it gathers and assembles from several locations the data about accompanying material. Second, by regularizing the rules for the data, it will enable more information to be passed to the patron. Finally, it provides, in Rule 4.4.1, a working ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis]. (1839)
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
1, 2, and 3; the first accompanying the tonic, dominant, and sub- dominant ; the second accompanying the second, third, and sixth of the mode; and the last accompanying the major seventh of the scale (see example 17) : the figures 3, 5, 7, ...
–This is found in Saxony, in Thuringia, Swabia, Heffe, the Palatinate, Saltzburg, and in the Tyrol, accompanying other ores of cobalt, and feveral ores of silver, copper, and iron.
by Janet M. Bennett
In workgenerated international relocations, typically one spouse/partner has the job that motivates the move; the other spouse/partner is commonly referred to as the accompanying spouse or partner (or sometimes as the trailing spouse, ...
The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, Tendinopathy in Athletes (2008)
by Savio L-Y. Woo, Per A. F. H. Renström, Steven P. Arnoczky
As we have demonstrated that there are nerves in close relation to the vascular wall, these observations raised the question as to whether the neovessels and accompanying nerves were the main source of pain and whether this could be an ...
by Jack Cazes
The first is the usual CZE mechanism and it dominates for the case of high buffer concentrations; the second is the FFF accompanying the CZE mechanism and it dominates for low buffer concentrations. As is usual in CZE, the total velocity of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accompanying
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accompanying
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accompanying
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Accompanying!
Quotes about Accompanying
As a lad, I set my eyes on lass
And not on their mothers accompanying.
At fifty, I set my eyes on mothers
Rather than lass accompanying.
With increase in age, man's taste expands
To the corresponding age increase.
03.05.2012 (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about accompanying...
Scrabble value of A1C3C3O1M3P3A1N1Y4I1N1G2
The value of this 12-letter word is 24 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accompanying to see it in context!