On this page:
Definition of the noun accounting standard
What does accounting standard mean as a name of something?
- a principle that governs current accounting practice and that is used as a reference to determine the appropriate treatment of complex transactions
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonym of accounting standard: accounting principle
- more generic word: principle = a rule or standard especially of good behavior
- member of: GAAP / generally accepted accounting principles = a collection of rules and procedures and conventions that define accepted accounting practice
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accounting Standard
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jack Rabin
business accounting standards in the United States is the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), which derives its authority from the Securities and Exchange Commission. The primary governmental accounting standard setter in the ...
by Khwaja Masoom
accounting standard which was replaced by FASB No. 8. U.S. companies are required to translate foreign accounts by the current rate and report the changes from currency fluctuations in a cumulative translation adjustment ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
UB-92: Uniform Billing Code, 1992 U&C: usual and customary UCAS: Uniform Cost Accounting Standard UCD: Unemployment Compensation Disability UCDS: Uniform Clinical Data Set UCR: usual, customary, and reasonable UCRS: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accounting Standard
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accounting Standard
If you need images about Accounting Standard for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accounting Standard to see it in context!