On this page:
Definition of the noun accounting system
What does accounting system mean as a name of something?
- a bookkeeper's chronological list of related debits and credits of a business; forms part of a ledger of accounts
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- synonyms of accounting system: accounting / method of accounting
- more generic word: register = a book in which names and transactions are listed
- more specific terms:
- control account = an account that shows totals of amounts entered in a subsidiary ledger
- accounting entry / ledger entry / entry = a written record of a commercial transaction
- credit side = account of payments received
- debit side = account of payments owed
- accrual basis = a method of accounting in which each item is entered as it is earned or incurred regardless of when actual payments are received or made
- cash basis = a method of accounting in which each item is entered as payments are received or made
- pooling of interest = an accounting method used in the merging of companies; the balance sheets are added together item by item
- audited account / audit = an inspection of the accounting procedures and records by a trained accountant or CPA
- limited review / review = a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- member of: account book / book / book of account / ledger / leger = a record in which commercial accounts are recorded
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accounting System
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Twelve Thousand Plus Entries on Accounting, Auditing and Taxation in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia by Guy Wanjialin
bookkeeping without book = bookless accounting system. bookless accounting system the computer- aided accounting system or a ...
An Encyclopedia by Rik W. Hafer
indicated that the type of reserve accounting system used actually has little impact on the long-run behavior of the money supply, but money growth may be more volatile in the short-run.
Dictionary of Accounting (1985)
by Ralph W. Estes
job order costing A cost accounting system or procedure in which costs are assigned to and accumulated by specific units or batches of product. Contrast with ...
by Thomas W. Morris
as compared to Cash Accounting and Reporting System AAS Advanced Accounting System A general accounting term. ABA American Bankers Association A professional association offering programs, products and services for the banking ...
Volume 14 - Productivity and Software Maintenance: A Managerial Perspective to Relative Addressing by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
In addition to any type of program documentation that was created during the design of the bank's accounting system, some documentation will be available to the system's users, ...
by Helmut K. Anheier, Mark Juergensmeyer
Regardless of earlier historical precedents to both the capitalist mode of production and the double-entry accounting system associated with it, there is little doubt that the diffusion of doubleentry bookkeeping after the advent of the printing ...
The Call Center Dictionary (2002)
The Complete Guide to Call Center and Customer Support Technology Solutions by Madeline Bodin
See CALL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM. SMDR Station Message Detail Reporting. The basic informatin required for call accounting. See SMDR PORT and CALL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM. SMDR PORT Modern switches have a Station Message ...
by Khwaja Masoom
Accounting System: Methods, procedures, and standards followed in accumulating, classifying, recording, and reporting business events and transactions. The accounting system includes the formal re- cords and original source data.
for IT, Industrial, and Scientific Applications by Jakob Vlietstra
System Cartridge Access Station Centralized Attendant Service Centralized Attendant System Chain Acquisition System Circuits And Systems Client Accounting System Collision Avoidance Systems Column Address Select Column Address ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accounting System
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accounting System
Click on an item to view that photo:
Financial Accounting System
Photo credit: HostingCoupons
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accounting System
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Accounting System!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accounting System to see it in context!