On this page:
- Definition of the noun accused
- Definition of the adjective accused
- Definition of the verb accused
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accused
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accused
- Photos about Accused
- Video language resources about Accused
- Sign language
- Quotes about Accused
- Scrabble value of A1C3C3U1S1E1D2
- Anagrams of ACCUSED
- Share this page
Accused is sometimes a misspelling of accrued.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun accused
What does accused mean as a name of something?
- a defendant in a criminal proceeding
- examples: To my surprise, the noted psychologist was accused of a kidnapping. | To my surprise, the anthropologist was accused of murder. | The teacher accused one of his students of being noisy in class. | The GOP accused the Democrats of pork barrel politics. | As communism has collapsed, capitalism is now accused of trying to "dominate the world." | Several people have been accused of breaking the law. | She accused me of not writing to her sooner. | If they hadn't found the vase, John would have been accused of stealing it. | If the vase is not found, John may be accused of stealing it. | Beth accused her sister, Sally, of tearing her scarf.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic words: defendant / suspect = a person or institution against whom an action is brought in a court of law
Definition of the adjective accused
What does accused mean as an attribute of a noun?
- Having been accused; being the target of accusations.
Definition of the verb accused
What does accused mean as a doing word?
- past of accuse
- "Accused": Anklaget is a 2005 Danish drama film about a couple, Henrik and Nina Christofferson, whose happiness was shattered when their 14-year old daughter Stine accused her father of molesting her.
- country: Denmark
- language: Danish Language
- director: Jacob Thuesen
- producer: Thomas Heinesen
- executive producer: Kim Magnusson
- written by Kim Fupz Aakeson
- music by Nikolaj Egelund
- genre: Drama
- released on (9 years ago)
- read more about Accused (film)
- "Accused" a.k.a. "Lucia de B." is a drama thriller film directed by Paula van der Oest.
- "Accused" is a 1936 British mystery film directed by Thornton Freeland and starring Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Dolores del Río and Florence Desmond. It was made at Isleworth Studios by Criterion Films, which Fairbanks was a co-owner of. The film's sets were designed by Edward Carrick.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producers: Marcel Hellman & Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.
- art direction by Edward Carrick
- written by Zoë Akins, George Barraud, Harold French
- based on a story by Zoë Akins
- Edward Rigby as Alphonse de la Riveire
- Florence Desmond as Yvette Delange
- Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. as Tony Seymour
- Dolores del Río as Gaby Seymour
- Basil Sydney as Eugene Roget
- Googie Withers as Ninette Duval
- J.H. Roberts as President of Court
- Cecil Humphreys as Prosecuting Counsel
- Esme Percy as Morel
- Moore Marriott as Dubec
- Cyril Raymond as Guy Henry
- Roland Culver as Henry Capelle
- cinematography by Victor Arménise & Jack Parker
- edited by Conrad von Molo
- music by Percival Mackey
- genres: Mystery, Crime Fiction, Drama
- released in (79 years ago)
- "Accused" a.k.a. "The Mark of the Hawk" is a 1957 drama film, directed by Michael Audley with a screenplay by Lloyd Young and H. Kenn Carmichael. The film stars Eartha Kitt and Sidney Poitier.
- read more about The Mark of the Hawk
Accused is a fictional character from the 2010 film Shark.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Accused
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Public Rape (2004)
Representing Violation in Fiction and Film by Tanya Horeck
For Moore, the film's difference lies in its willingness to make 'sexuality itself a problem': 'The bravest thing about Tlie Accused is that it makes it clear that Sarah, who is gang-raped on a Slam Dunk pinball machine, is a sexy young ...
A Comparative Analysis by Katalin Ligeti
The accused is a person with regard to whom a Prosecutor's Office has prepared a statement of charges pursuant to CCP, § 226 or a person against whom a statement of charges has been brought pursuant to expedited procedure or a person ...
by Gerard Shirar
The fact that the accused is an uneducated and superstitious member of the Negro race cannot ...
Report of a Committee of the New England Annual Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church on the case of Rev. Ephraim K. Avery, etc (1833)
by Methodist Episcopal Church (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA), Ephraim Kingsbury AVERY
It follows, therefore, in deciding the question proposed in this case, that the testimony against the accused is the testimony of the wretched female alone. If indeed, this may be called testimony—for it was never given in a court of justice, ...
The object of bail is to relieve the accused of imprisonment and the state of the burden of keeping him ...
American and Global Perspectives by David S. Clark
They typically are responsible for initiating prosecution against the accused. In private prosecution systems, the victim or victim's relatives often initiate prosecution. This process may run parallel to the public prosecution system, as in Austria, ...
Volume 13: Gender by Nancy Bercaw, Ted Ownby
Nearly all torture-lynching victims were blacks accused of both raping and murdering whites. Most were burned at the stake, after preliminary tortures. One accused murderer in Louisiana, a white man, was slowly skinned alive. Lynch mobs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Accused
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Accused
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about The Accused.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Accused
Click on an item to play that video:
- Accused John Rich Stalker Offers Explanation - John Dunn
John Rich of Big Rich says a former attorney is stalking him -and causing him fear. Rich called police to his home to report a stalker -a man who also shares a ...
- Learn English Conversation Evidence Wrongfully Accused, ESL Religion and Science
- Shahrukh Khan Accused Of Using Filthy Language | EXCLUSIVE
- Civilparty vs Accused (Noun Chea Trial)
See also the pronunciation examples of Accused!
Man accused of faking sign language at Mandela memorial
The man who has been accused of faking sign language at Mandela's memorial service has a criminal past.
Quotes about Accused
Scrabble value of A1C3C3U1S1E1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACCUSED
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Accused!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Accused to see it in context!