Ace of Aces
On this page:
Definition of the noun Ace of Aces
What does Ace of Aces mean as a name of something?
- [military] The military ace with the greatest number of kills, still in active service, of a nation's military forces, of a particular branch.
- "Ace of Aces": L'as des as is a 1982 French-German comedy film starring Jean-Paul Belmondo and directed by Gérard Oury.
- also known as L'As des as
- countries: Germany, France
- languages: German Language, French
- producers: Alain Poiré & Horst Wendlandt
- production design by Rolf Zehetbauer
- written by Gérard Oury
- cinematography by Xaver Schwarzenberger
- edited by Albert Jurgenson
- music by Vladimir Cosma
- set decoration by Herbert Strabel
- genres: Adventure Film, Adventure Comedy, Comedy
- subject: Aviation
- released in (34 years ago)
- "Ace of Aces", also known as Bird of Prey, was a war film, based on the story The Bird of Prey by World War I pilot John Monk Saunders that explores how war can turn a man's moral compass from pacifism to warmonger. Starring Richard Dix, it was similar to many of the period films that appeared to glorify the "knights of the air", but was more complex, examining the motivations of those who choose to go to war.
- also known as O assos tou aeros, Bird of Prey
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: J. Walter Ruben
- executive producer: Merian C. Cooper
- art direction by Van Nest Polglase & Alfred Herman
- written by John Monk Saunders & H.W. Hanemann
- based on "The Bird of Prey" by John Monk Saunders
- Richard Dix as 2nd Lt. Rex 'Rocky' Thorne
- Elizabeth Allan as Nancy Adams
- Ralph Bellamy as Capt. Blake
- Ralph Bellamy as Maj. Blake
- Theodore Newton as Lt. Foster 'Froggy' Kelley
- Nella Walker as Mrs. Adams
- Anderson Lawler as 2nd Lt. Tim 'Tombstone' Terry
- Frank Conroy as Maj. Wentworth
- Frank Conroy as Lt. Col. Wentworth
- Joe Sawyer as Capt. Daly
- Art Jarrett as 2nd Lt. James 'Jenny' Lind
- Claude Gillingwater Jr. as 1st Lt. Tommy Gray
- Clarence Stroud as 2nd Lt. Billy Winstead
- Claude Stroud as 2nd Lt. Carroll Winstead
- Frank Clarke as German Cadet
- Helmut Gorin as German Cadet
- cinematography by Henry Cronjager & Henry Cronjager
- edited by George Hively
- music by Max Steiner
- genres: War film, Drama
- subject: World War I
- released on (82 years ago)
- "Ace of Aces" is a combat flight simulator developed by Artech Digital Entertainment in 1986. The game takes place during World War II and the player flies a RAF Mosquito long range fighter-bomber equipped with rockets, bombs and a cannon. Missions include destroying German fighter planes, bombers, V-1 flying bombs, U-boats, and trains.
- mode: Single-player video game
- developer: Artech Digital Entertainment
- genres: Simulation video game, Flight simulator, Action game
- publishers: U.S. Gold, Accolade
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Ace of Aces" is a video game.
- genres: Action game, Shooter game, Flight simulator
- released on (7 years ago)
"Ace of Aces" is an artwork by Geoff Nutkins.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ace of Aces
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
Ace of Aces (82, Gerard Oury); Le Marginal (83, Deray); Les Morfalous (83, Verneuil);Joyeuses Paques (84,Lautner); Hold-Up (85 , ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ace of Aces
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Ace of Aces
Ace of aces Meaning
Video shows what ace of aces means. The military ace with the greatest number of kills, still in active service, of a nation's military forces, of a particular branch.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ace of Aces to see it in context!