Acellular Slime Mold
On this page:
Definition of the noun acellular slime mold
What does acellular slime mold mean as a name of something?
- a slime mold of the class Myxomycetes
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of acellular slime mold: myxomycete / plasmodial slime mold / true slime mold
- more generic terms: slime mold / slime mould = a naked mass of protoplasm having characteristics of both plants and animals
- member of: class Myxomycetes / Myxomycetes = the class of true slime molds
Printed books with definitions for Acellular Slime Mold
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Science of Biology by William K. Purves, David Sadava, Gordon H. Orians, H. Craig Heller
phase, an acellular slime mold is a wall-less mass of cytoplasm with numerous diploid...
Evolution, Diversity, and Ecology by William K. Purves, Gordon H. Orians, David Sadava, H. Craig Heller
phase, an acellular slime mold is a wall-less mass of cytoplasm with numerous diploid nuclei. This mass streams very slowly over its substratum in a remarkable network of strands called a plasmodium* (Figure ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acellular Slime Mold
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acellular Slime Mold to find many related words and phrases!