On this page:
- "Achanak" is an Indian film directed by Naresh Malhotra in 1998.
- country: India
- languages: Hindi Language, Urdu Language
- producer: Vijay Galani
- art direction by Sharmishta Roy
- written by Sachin Bhowmick & Anwar Khan
- based on a story by Sachin Bhowmick
- Manisha Koirala as Pooja
- Johnny Lever as Joni
- Govinda as Arjun Nanda
- Rahul Roy as Vijay Nanda
- Shah Rukh Khan
- Farha Naaz as Madhu Nanda
- Sanjay Dutt
- Navneet Nishan as Anjali
- Saeed Jaffrey as Yashpal Nanda
- Tinnu Anand as Inspector Pandey
- Paresh Rawal as Sagar Srivastav
- Dalip Tahil as Nilesh
- Vishwajeet Pradhan
- Bobby Sainy
- Baby Arshima Thapar
- Master Sunil Manve
- Viju Khote as Veterinary doctor
- Johnny Lever as Moni
- Johnny Lever as Toni
- cinematography by Raju Kaygee
- edited by Naresh Malhotra
- music by Sunil Kaushik, Dilip Sen, Sameer Sen
- costume design by Mrs. Renu Malhotra
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Achanak" is a 1973 Hindi film starring Vinod Khanna, and made by Gulzar. Gulzar won a Filmfare nomination as Best Director for this film. Even though Gulzar is an accomplished lyricist, this film did not have any songs in it. K.A. Abbas earned a Filmfare nomination for best story. It is inspired by the real-life sensational 1958 murder case KM Nanavati v State of Maharashtra.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: Raj N. Sippy & Romu N. Sippy
- art direction by Ajit Bandyopadhyay
- written by Gulzar, Meraj, Mohini N. Sippy
- based on a story by Khwaja Ahmad Abbas
- Vinod Khanna as Major Ranjeet Khanna
- Farida Jalal as Nurse Radha
- Asrani as Dr. Kailash
- Keshto Mukherjee as Man in the train
- Om Shivpuri as Dr. Chaudhary
- Lily Chakravarty as Pushpa Bakshi
- Iftekhar as Colonel Bakshi
- Kamaldeep as S.P. Gupta
- Ravi Raaj as Prakash
- Baby Pinky as Baby girl in the train
- Vimal Sahu
- Bihari Khare
- Shridhar Naik
- Vijay Sharma as Chottu
- cinematography by K. Vaikunth
- edited by Waman B. Bhosle & Gurudutt Shirali
- music by Vasant Desai
- costume design by M.R. Bhutkar & Meena R. Sippy
- genres: Thriller, Musical, Crime Fiction, Bollywood, World cinema, Drama, Musical Drama
- released in (43 years ago)
Who is Achanak?
Achanak is a bhangra group signed to the label Nachural Records. The band has six members headed by lead singer, Vijay and are based in the English Midlands.
- also known as Achanak Bhangra Band
- member of musical group Achanak & EWC
- albums: "The Rough Guide to Bhangra", "Have Faith", "Top-Nach", "Q The Music", "NACHurally", "Code Red", "SigNACHure", "Bhangra-ology", "4 Play", "SNACH", "PaNACHe"
- official website: www.achanak.co.uk
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Achanak
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Designed for the Use of Schools
Achanak, T adv. suddenly, una- Achanchak, J wares, unexpectedly. Achar, 1...
by Nathaniel Brice
ACHANAK, ) adv. suddenly, unawares, ACHXNCHAK, j unexpectedly. Acu AH, s. m. established rule of conduct, custom. [ed pandit. ACHARAJ, s. m. a ...
With Illustrations from English Literature and Colloquial English, Tr. Into Hindustani by S. W. Fallon
achanak; achanchak;yakayak; yak ba-yak ; yak-bargi ; dafatan. Abruptness, n. roughness, nbhar ; uthan ; khur- darii-pan. 2. abrupt manner, be- dhanga-pau; akkhar-pan. Abscess, n. phoya. [ru-posh h. Abscond, v. a. bhag jana.
Viz. English, Bángálí, and Hindústání. In the Roman Character by P. S. D'Rozario
dhsiuddi lágdina – eká ek yi bekhabar lená, achanak girná ya aparna Surprising, pa. a. wonderful, astonishing-chamitkar, ashchurjya, adbhut, ...
by Ashish Rajadhyaksha, Paul Willemen
Mrinal Sen ( Khandhar, Genesis, Ek Din Achanak), Saeed Mirza (Albert Pinto Ko Gussa Kyon ...
A Romanized Dictionary in English and Hindustani Designed for the Use of Schools and for English Students (1878)
úhkí, matláí ; gunáh ke liye achanak pashemán honá yá taassuf khaná yá darsejídhu- dhukaná. Quahnish, a. matlaha; gun, h ke liye achának tassuf khor yá bekal. Quandary ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Achanak
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Achanak
Achanak at Hartlepool Maritime Festival
Photo credit: Whistling in the Dark
Scrabble value of A1C3H4A1N1A1K5
The value of this 7-letter word is 16 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Achanak for some fun with words!