On this page:
- Definition of the noun Acharya
- Phrases with Acharya
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acharya
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acharya
- Photos about Acharya
- Video language resources about Acharya
- Scrabble value of A1C3H4A1R1Y4A1
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Acharya
What does Acharya mean as a name of something?
Acharya is a genus of Noctuidae, described by Moore in Hewitson & Moore in 1882.
- synonym: genus Acharya
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Lepidoptera
- family: Noctuidae
Alternative definition of the noun Acharya
- A spiritual teacher, guru.
- An influential mentor.
- Acharya a.k.a. Vinoba Bhave: Vinayak Narahari "Vinoba" Bhave was an Indian advocate of nonviolence and human rights. Often called Acharya, he is best known for the Bhoodan Movement. He is considered as a National Teacher of India and the spiritual successor of Mohandas Gandhi.
- read more about Vinoba Bhave
- Acharya a.k.a. Shreekanto Acharya: Srikanto Acharya is a Kolkata-based modern Bengali singer-songwriter and music director.
- read more about Shreekanto Acharya (musical artist)
There are other people with in their name, like Raj Acharya, Ajay Acharya, Ajoy Acharya, B.V. Acharya, Jaya Acharya, N.R. Acharya, Rasa Acharya, Yash Acharya, Dayal Acharya, Drono Acharya and many others.
- Acharya is a fictional character from the 1996 film Mafia.
- Acharya is a fictional character from the 1959 film Ujala.
- Acharya is a fictional character from the 1977 film Solah Shukrawar.
- Acharya is a fictional character from the 1964 film Leader.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Yadubara Das
- genres: Documentary film, Indie film, Biographical film
- Acharya: In Indian religions and society, an acharya is a Brahmin head guide or instructor in religious matters; founder, or leader of a sect; or one who sits on Gadi; or a highly learned man or a title affixed to the names of learned men. The designation has different meanings in Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and secular contexts. The surname is also very common in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- also known as 阿闍黎
- Acharya is a genus of moths of the Noctuidae family.
Phrases with Acharya
Phrases starting with the word Acharya:
Phrase ending with the word Acharya:
Other phrases containing the word Acharya:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acharya
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Acharya Kedar
THE ACHARYA IS A TEACHER It is not possible to recognize the Supreme God Principle inside you through your senses.
Together with Further Papers on the Geography, Ethnology, and Commerce of Those Countries by Brian Houghton Hodgson
The first class is denominated Bhikshu ; the second, Vajra Acharya.* The Bhikshu cannot marry; but the Vajra Acharya is a family man. The latter is sometimes called, in the vernacular tongue of the Newars, Giibhal, which is not a Sanskrit word.
by Arabinda Acharya
Arabinda Acharya is a Research Fellow at the S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Routledge security in Asia Pacific series Series Editors Leszek Buszynski Ten Years After 9/ 11.
A Kinder Voice (2016)
Releasing Your Inner Critics with Mindfulness Slogans by Thérèse Jacobs-Stewart
Acharya is a Sanskrit word referring to a highly learned teacher. 6. Stephen Brammeier, Jan Brennan, Sondra ...
Quantifying Systemic Risk (2013)
by Joseph G. Haubrich, Andrew W. Lo
Acharya is the C. V. Starr Professor of Economics at the Leonard N. Stern School of ...
by Douglas D. Evanoff, George G. Kaufman, A. G. Malliaris
Viral Acharya Viral V. Acharya is the C.V. Starr Professor of Economics in the Department of Finance at New York University's Stern School of Business, and research associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research.
Civilizations in Embrace (2013)
The Spread of Ideas and the Transformation of Power : India and Southeast Asia in the Classical Age by Amitav Acharya
Amitav Acharya February 2012 ABOUT THE AUTHOR AMITAV ACHARYA is the UNESCO Chair in Acknowledgements.
The Yoga of Sound (2006)
Tapping the Hidden Power of Music and Chant by Russill Paul, Wayne Teasdale
An acharya is a teacher or spiritual guide, while a guru is an enlightened soul, either living or passed on from the body. Although gurus that meet all our expectations may be hard to find in this day and age, they still exist. And a spiritual guide ...
Concepts, Algorithms and VLSI Architectures by Tinku Acharya, Ping-Sing Tsai
Acharya is an inventor of 74 US.
The Rising Sun (2013)
by Purnendu Ghosh
Vibhor Acharya is a singer. Vibhor is known for singing Kishore Kumar songs ...
by Saligrama Krishna Ramachandra Rao
Acharya (ed), 1911. Gupta, Umesh- Chandra, Vaidyaka-sabda- sindhu, (S), Calcutta, 1894. Iyer, T.G. Ramamurti, The Handbook of Indian Medicine or The Gems of Siddha System, Erode, Sri Vani Vilas ...
by Graham A. Colditz
Lalatendu Acharya Lalatendu Acharya Acharya, Lalatendu India India 576 578. India. India, a country inhabited by more than 1.2 billion people, is facing a tremendous challenge in rising cancer rates, the second-most ...
by Kristi L. Wiley
Acharya Tulsi: Fifty Years of Selfless Dedication. Ladnun: Jain Vishva Bharati, 1985. Bühler, G. The Life of Hemacandrācārya, trans ...
by John Dowson
ACHARYA. A spiritual teacher or guide.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acharya
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acharya
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Advaita Acharya.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Acharya
Click on an item to play that video:
- Meaning of Arya per Mahabharata : Acharya Sushrut Samashrami
Dr. Sushrut Samashrami in this short talk explains one of the many meanings of the word Arya. In this perspective, he explains that an Arya doesn't have ...
- Aum Jaap (Aum Chanting) - Explanation and practice by Acharya Ashish Darshnacharya
Right way of Aum Chanting explained by Acharya Ji. Acharya Ji first explains the meaning of Vedic words that are chanted and then makes everyone practice ...
- Acharya Meaning
Video shows what acharya means. A spiritual teacher, guru.. An influential mentor.. Acharya Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- YouTube -Explanation of Love jehad by acharya dharmendra ji maharaj
- Acharya Rajbir Gaurs exact meaning of kal sharp dosh.dat
- Spiritual Enlightenment: 3 Steps to Achieve Enlightenment - Acharya Shree Yogeesh
- Red Ice Radio - Acharya S - Hour 1 - The Moses Myth, Yahweh Supremacy & Cultural Genocide
- Brishti Tomake Dilam /Srikanto Acharya /Official /Modern Songs Audio Jukebox
Songs 1. Brishti Tomake Dilam 2. Shono Ami Chokh Bujhe 3.Naam Harano 4.Keyu Bolche Kichu Bolche 5.Jeyona Dakhin Dare 6..Jache ure 7.Cholche Jibon 8.
- Best of Tagore Songs by Srikanto Acharya | Rabindra Sangeet | Audio Jukebox
Srikanto Acharya is a leading artiste of today specially in Tagore songs. This Jukebox presents selected Tagore songs rendered by Srikanto Acharya compiled ...
- Skeptiko - Alex Tsakiris - Acharya S. Examines the Effects of Myth Making on Christianity
Interview with religion and mythology scholar Acharya S. (D.M. Murdock) examines the effects of early Christianity on other religions of the time. Join Skeptiko ...
- Audio juke box of Swaroop Raj Acharya
See also the pronunciation examples of Acharya!
Scrabble value of A1C3H4A1R1Y4A1
The value of this 7-letter word is 15 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acharya to see it in context!