On this page:
Definition of the noun achilles' heel
What does achilles' heel mean as a name of something?
- a seemingly small but actual mortal weakness
Achilles' Heel a.k.a. Achilles Heel is a snow-covered hill, 915 metres high, in the center of the col between Mount Helen and Mount Achilles in the Achaean Range of Anvers Island, in the Palmer Archipelago. Surveyed by the Falkland Islands Dependencies Survey in 1955 and so named by the United Kingdom Antarctic Place-Names Committee due to its position in relation to Mount Achilles.
- also known as 阿基里斯希爾山
- "Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- music by DJ Die
- "Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is the fourth and final album by indie rock band Pedro the Lion. It was released on May 25, 2004, on Jade Tree Records. The cover artwork was by Jesse LeDoux. It reached #26 on the Top Heatseekers and #24 on the Top Independent Albums charts.
- genre: Indie rock
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is a composition.
- "Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is a musical EP of Toploader.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is a musical EP of Venus Fly Trap.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is a musical album of Paul K & The Weathermen.
- released in (20 years ago)
"Achilles' Heel": Achilles' Heel is a book written by Ana Blandiana.
- also known as Calcâiul vulnerabil
"Achilles' Heel" a.k.a. "Achilles Heel" is a 1973 drama film written by Brian Clark and directed by Alan Clarke.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Verity Lambert
- written by Brian Clark
- genre: Drama
- released on (42 years ago)
Achilles' heel: An Achilles heel is a deadly weakness in spite of overall strength, which can actually or potentially lead to downfall. While the mythological origin refers to a physical vulnerability, idiomatic references to other attributes or qualities that can lead to downfall are common.
Various documents about Achilles' heel
Click on a title to view that document, then you can search inside it:
Oxford Dictionary - 3653 pages
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Achilles' heel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Achilles' heel
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Achilles' heel
Why do shoe manufacturers insist on making a cool visible window into the air bladder that makes them so comfy to walk in? THIS IS THE WEAK CHINK IN YOUR ARMOR, SHOE MAN!
Photo credit: brionv
- Achilles' Heel
In Greek mythology, when Achilles was a baby, it was foretold that he would die young. To prevent his death, his mother Thetis took Achilles to the River Styx, which was supposed to offer powers of invulnerability, and dipped his body into the water. But as Thetis held Achilles by the heel, his heel was not washed over by the water of the magical river.
Photo credit: Chepe Leña
Video about Achilles' heel
American Slang Idioms ACHILLES' HEEL
See also the pronunciation examples of Achilles' heel!
Quotes about Achilles' heel
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Achilles' heel to see it in context!