On this page:
The word aching is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun aching
What does aching mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: achings
- a dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of aching: ache
- more generic words: hurting / pain = a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder
- more specific terms:
- odontalgia / toothache = an ache localized in or around a tooth
- backache = an ache localized in the back
- cephalalgia / head ache / headache = pain in the head caused by dilation of cerebral arteries or muscle contractions or a reaction to drugs
- stomach ache / stomachache / gastralgia / bellyache = an ache localized in the stomach or abdominal region
- earache / otalgia = an ache localized in the middle or inner ear
Definition of the adjective aching
What does aching mean as an attribute of a noun?
Alternative definition of the adjective aching
- That aches; continuously painful. See ache
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Aching
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James William Ward
Aching Arm. — Dull aching pain ...
Constant burning distress in the epigastric and umbilical regions, with a very severe aching pain in the lumbar region, very painful when trying to walk,13. — * Co)istant burning, aching distress in Hie epigastric region, with constant dull, aching ...
by John Henry Clarke
—Aching in eyeballs—Must look intently to see the words ; when writing the letters seem pale and eyes ache. —-Aching over eyes...
Some sharp pain in ears —Aching at lower edge r. ear spreads over face; ear feels plugged up.—- Stitching at ...
by John Henry Clarke
Aching at lower edge r. ear spreads over face ; ear feels plugged up. — Stitching at lobe of 1. ear, deep in and above external auditory meatus. — Dulness and aching in ears, coming suddenly. — Splitting pain over both ears in spots size of a ...
Back—Violent aching pain in the back and right scapula when bending the body to the right, backwards—it felt as if some one were plunging a knife through the left chest and back; Rheumatic pains between the scapulae—in the back, ...
by John Heinerman, Lendon H. Smith
Symptoms Aching muscles are often due to an overexertion of physical movement of some kind. Strenuous lifting and bending will certainly affect muscles in the upper part of the arms and the lower back region. Whereas intense and rapid ...
by Peter J. D'Adamo, Catherine Whitney
* Aching in a tooth, with or without ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Aching
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Aching
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Aching
An aching for wine--a wine-ache.
more quotes about aching...
Scrabble value of A1C3H4I1N1G2
The value of this 6-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACHING
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Aching!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Aching to see it in context!