Achmed Abdullah (novelist)
On this page:
Who is Achmed Abdullah?
Achmed Abdullah was an American writer. He is most noted for his pulp stories of crime, mystery and adventure. He wrote screenplays for some successful films. He was the author of the progressive Siamese drama Chang: A Drama of the Wilderness, an Academy Award nominated film made in 1927. He earned an Academy Award nomination for collaborating on the screenplay to the 1935 film The Lives of a Bengal Lancer.
- also known as Alexander Nicholayevitch Romanoff, A. A. Nadir
- born on (134 years ago) in Autonomous Republic of Crimea, child of Grand Duke Nicholas Romanoff and Princess Nourmahal Durani
- nationality: Ukraine
- education: Eton College
- profession: Writer, screenwriter, novelist
- parent of
- died on (70 years ago) in New York City
- written works: "The Ten Foot Chain", "The Man On Horseback", "Wings or Tales of the Psychic", "Deliver Us From Evil", "FEAR and Other Stories from the Pulps", "The Blue-Eyed Manchu", "The Mating of the Blades", "The Thief of Bagdad", "Alien Souls", "The Flower of the Gods", "The Year of the Wood-Dragon", "The Cat Had Nine Lives", "Steel and Jade", "Mysteries of Asia", "Girl on the make", "Lute and Scimitar", "They were so young", "Ruth's rebellion", "Dreamers of empire", "The swinging caravan", "The remittance-woman", "The trail of the beast", "The veiled woman", "The honourable gentleman and others", "Night drums", "A romantic young man", "The bungalow on the roof", "Black tents"
- films written:
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay - "The Lives of a Bengal Lancer", with Waldemar Young, John L. Balderston, William Slavens McNutt & Grover Jones
- nominated to Academy Award for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay - "The Lives of a Bengal Lancer", with John L. Balderston, Waldemar Young, William Slavens McNutt & Grover Jones
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Achmed Abdullah (novelist)
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Achmed Abdullah for some fun with words!