On this page:
- Definition of the noun Acinetobacter
- Phrases with Acinetobacter
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acinetobacter
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acinetobacter
- Photo about Acinetobacter
- Video language resources about Acinetobacter
- Scrabble value of A1C3I1N1E1T1O1B3A1C3T1E1R1
- Anagrams of ACINETOBACTER
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Acinetobacter
What does Acinetobacter mean as a name of something?
Acinetobacter is a genus of Moraxellaceae, described by Brisou & Prevot in 1954.
- synonym: genus Acinetobacter
- kingdom: Bacteria
- phylum: Proteobacteria
- class: Gammaproteobacteria
- order: Pseudomonadales
- family: Moraxellaceae
- species Acinetobacter anitratum
- species Acinetobacter apis
- species Acinetobacter baumannii
- species Acinetobacter baylyi
- species Acinetobacter beijerinckii
- species Acinetobacter bereziniae
- species Acinetobacter bohemicus
- species Acinetobacter boissieri
- species Acinetobacter bouvetii
- species Acinetobacter brisouii
- species Acinetobacter butyri
- species Acinetobacter calcoaceticus
- species Acinetobacter coadunatum
- species Acinetobacter coccoideum
- species Acinetobacter delmarvae
- species Acinetobacter douglasi
- species Acinetobacter equirulis
- species Acinetobacter gandensis
- species Acinetobacter gerneri
- species Acinetobacter guangdongensis
- species Acinetobacter guillouiae
- species Acinetobacter gyllenbergii
- species Acinetobacter haemolyticus
- species Acinetobacter harbinensis
- species Acinetobacter indicus
- species Acinetobacter johnsonii
- species Acinetobacter junii
- species Acinetobacter kookii
- species Acinetobacter larveae
- species Acinetobacter lwoffii
- species Acinetobacter marinus
- species Acinetobacter marshalli
- species Acinetobacter metacaligenes
- species Acinetobacter nasalis
- species Acinetobacter nectaris
- species Acinetobacter nosocomialis
- species Acinetobacter pakistanensis
- species Acinetobacter parvus
- species Acinetobacter phosphorescens
- species Acinetobacter pittii
- species Acinetobacter puyangensis
- species Acinetobacter qingfengensis
- species Acinetobacter radioresistens
- species Acinetobacter rudis
- species Acinetobacter schindleri
- species Acinetobacter seifertii
- species Acinetobacter seohaensis
- species Acinetobacter soli
- species Acinetobacter spermophilum
- species Acinetobacter stationis
- species Acinetobacter stenohalis
- species Acinetobacter tandoii
- species Acinetobacter tjernbergiae
- species Acinetobacter towneri
- species Acinetobacter ureasophorum
- species Acinetobacter ursingii
- species Acinetobacter variabilis
- species Acinetobacter venetianus
- species Acinetobacter viscosum
- species Acinetobacter winogradskyi
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Acinetobacter is a genus of Moraxellaceae.
Alternative definition of the noun Acinetobacter
- Any bacterium of the genus Acinetobacter.
Phrases with Acinetobacter
- Acinetobacter Junii
- Acinetobacter Baylyi
- Acinetobacter butyri
- Acinetobacter lwoffi
- Acinetobacter Mallei
- Acinetobacter Parvus
- Acinetobacter Gerneri
- Acinetobacter larveae
- Acinetobacter Lwoffii
- Acinetobacter Marinus
- Acinetobacter nasalis
- Acinetobacter Tandoii
- Acinetobacter Towneri
- Acinetobacter Bouvetii
- Acinetobacter douglasi
- Acinetobacter Ursingii
- Acinetobacter viscosum
- Acinetobacter anitratum
- Acinetobacter Baumannii
- genus Acinetobacter
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acinetobacter
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Microbiology and Infection (2007)
A Clinical Core Text for Integrated Curricula with Self-assessment by T. J. J. Inglis
Acinetobacter is a genus of small Gram-negative coc- cobacilli that are oxidase negative and that can grow on MacConkey agar. All members of the genus are non-motile non-fermenters. Acinetobacters can survive in a wide range of hospital ...
by Jane E. Sykes
aeruginosa, Acinetobacter is an important nosocomial opportunistic pathogen. Acinetobacter is present in soil and water and can be found in frozen foods, pasteurized milk, and an enormous array of inert objects in the hospital ...
by Joel Turner
Acinetobacter is a pathogen associated with VAP specifically, and the 3 encapsulated bacteria (Streptococcus pneumoniae, Klebsiella, ...
by Emanuel Goldman, Lorrence H Green
This chapter briefly discusses species of the following gram-negative genera in the phylum Proteobacteria: Acinetobacter, Burkholderia, and Moraxella. GENUS Acinetobacter The genus Acinetobacter is a heterogeneous group of organisms, ...
by Valerie J. Wiebe
Chapter 28: Acinetobacter Description: Aerobic, short, nonmotile, gram negative rod Zoonotic Potential: Zoonotic transmission possible via colonization of susceptible hosts Microbiology/epidemiology Acinetobacter is a gram negative ...
by Jeffrey C. Pommerville
Acinetobacter is a genus consisting of gram-negative ...
by james W. Myers
Acinetobacter is a gram-negative coccobacillus of the family Moraxellaceae. The most ...
Pneumonia Essentials 2010 (2010)
by Burke A. Cunha
Acinetobacter is a common colonizer of respiratory tract secretions in the ICU. Sporadic outbreaks may occur and are usually related respiratory support equipment. Legionella Legionella NP usually occurs only in outbreaks or ...
by Jeffrey C. Pommerville
Acinetobacter is a genus consisting of gram- negative coccobacillus-shaped cells often found on moist skin areas ...
by Ronald F. Wukasch
Acinetobacter is an obligate aerobe, uses acetate as a carbon source and has volatile granules present. Acinetobacter releases phosphates in the presence of acetates and carbon dioxide. Release during anaerobiosis is followed by uptake ...
Community-acquired Pneumonia (2001)
by Thomas J. Marrie
Acinetobacter is a gramnegative coccobacillus and can easily be misread ongramstainas Haemophilus. Ansteyetal.(1992) reported 11 cases of Acinetobacter bacteremic pneumonia in the Northern Territory of Australia and reviewed 34 ...
by Patrick R. Murray, Ken S. Rosenthal
Acinetobacter is an important cause of nosocomial pneumonia and is oxidase- negative, a nonfermenter, as well as a strict aerobic bacterium. B. cepacia is oxidase- positive; E. cloacae is a fermenter that grows aerobically and anaerobically ...
by Pei-Show Juo
A restriction endonuclease from Acinetobacter calcoaceticus with the following specificity: 5′..........CGCG..........3 ′ 3′..........GCGC..........5′ AccIII (BspMII) A restriction endonuclease from ...
by Carl A. Batt
00002-1 11 Table 1 Selected phenotypic tests for differentiation of Acinetobacter ...
by Carol Turkington, Bonnie Ashby
2 Acinetobacter with Acanthamoeba have been fatal, a few patients have recovered from the infection with proper treatment. Risk Factors and Preventive Measures Eye infections may be prevented by using commercially prepared contact ...
by Sunggyu Lee
and meat Acinetobacter Brevibacteriiim Rliodococc « Arthrobacter Nitrosomonas Vibrio Bacillus Pseudomonas PAHs Aeromonas Brevibacteriiim Phanerachaete" Achromobacter Cunninghmella'' Pickief Acinetobacter Corneyhacterium ...
by Linda D. Stetzenbach, Marylynn V. Yates
Acinetobacter baumannii bacterial species; isolated from air samples associated with wastewater treatment operations. Acinetobacter calcoaceticus bacterial species; ...
by International Food Information Service
Acinetobacter Genus of aerobic, rod-shaped, psy- chrotrophic Gram negative bacteria of the family Moraxellaceae. Occur in soil, water and raw milk, and on the surfaces of chilled meat and fish. Some species may be used in production of ...
by David Pimentel, Ph.D.
pDTGl 83 Napthalene via salicylate Pseudomonas putida SAL1 85 Salicylate Pseudomonas putida pKFl 82 Biphenyl via benzoate Acinetobacter sp. ( reclassified as Rhodococcus globerulus) pWWIOO ~200 Biphenyl via benzoate, ...
by Scott Elias, Cary Mock
Interms of geographical differences between icecore sites, Bacillus andPaenibacillus relatives of strains prevalent insoils were most commonly isolated fromnonpolar glacial ices, andspeciesof Sphingomonas, Methylobacterium, Acinetobacter, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acinetobacter
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Acinetobacter
Acinetobacter on macconkey agar
Photo credit: Iqbal Osman1
Video language resources about Acinetobacter
Click on an item to play that video:
- Acinetobacter Meaning
Video shows what acinetobacter means. Any bacterium of the genus Acinetobacter.. Acinetobacter Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- The most dangerous bacterial disease - Acinetobacter baumann
- Acinetobacter Video
Acinetobacter is a group of bacteria commonly found in soil and water. While there are many types or "species" of Acinetobacter and all can cause human ...
Acinetobacter (ah-see-netto-BAK-ter) is a genus of Gram-negative bacteria belonging to the wider class of Gammaproteobacteria. Acinetobacter species are not ...
View more videos about Acinetobacter baumannii.
Scrabble value of A1C3I1N1E1T1O1B3A1C3T1E1R1
The value of this 13-letter word is 19 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACINETOBACTER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Acinetobacter!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acinetobacter to see it in context!