On this page:
Who is Acker Bilk?
Acker Bilk: Bernard Stanley "Acker" Bilk MBE was an English clarinettist and vocalist known for his appearance – goatee, bowler hat and striped waistcoat – and breathy, vibrato-rich, lower-register clarinet style.
- also known as Mr. Acker Bilk; Bernard Stanley Bilk; Bilk, Acker
- born on (86 years ago) in Pensford
- nationality: England
- profession: Bandleader, clarinetist, singer
- member of musical groups:
- died on
- genres: Dixieland, Pop music, Easy listening, Trad jazz
- albums: "20 Golden Greats", "Stranger on the Shore: The Best of Acker Bilk", "Imagine", "Lansdowne Folio", "Reflections", "Songbook", "Sound Patio - Clarinet Mood", "Stranger on the Shore", "The Best of Acker Bilk", "The Frankfurt Concert", "The Greatest Of", "Acker Bilk Plays Lennon & McCartney", "Feelings 3", "Mister Acker Bilk", "Four Hits and a Mister", "The Magic Clarinet of Acker Bilk", "In a Mellow Mood", "Gold", "Feelings 2", "Very Best of Acker Bilk (Carlton Records)", "The Collection", "Feelings 4", "Some of My Favorite Things", "A Touch of Latin", "I Think the Best Thing About This Record Is the Music", "Bridge Over Troubled Water", "32 Golden Hits", "The Very Best Of", "A Love Album for the Nineties", "Ack's Back", "Chillin’ with Acker Bilk", "Mellow Music", "Everybody's Talkin'"
- filmography: "It's All Over Town"
- nomination: - nominated to NME Award for Best Instrumentalist
- official website: www.ackersmusicagency.co.uk
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acker Bilk
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jonathon Green
Acker Bilk n. (1980s) (Aus.) milk. [rhy. si.; tilt. US musician Acker Bilk (b. 1929)1 acker fortis n. see AGGIE FORTIS n. ackermaracker n. see ACKAMARAKA n. ackie fortis n. see AGGIE FORTIS n. atknian n. see ARK-MAN n. acknickulous adj .
Acker Bilk became ...
The UK to USA Dictionary (2012)
British English Vs. American English by Claudine Dervaes, John Hunter
A la mode Code Abraham Lincoln Stinking Ace of Spades AIDS Acid Trip Rip Acker Bilk Milk Adam and Eve Believe Adam and the Ants Plants-Pants Airs and Graces F aces-braces Alan Minter Splinter-Printer Almond Rocks Socks Alligator ...
by Frank Hoffmann
Acker Bilk, whose “Stranger on the ...
Dictionary of Pseudonyms (2010)
13,000 Assumed Names and Their Origins, 5th ed. by Adrian Room
Bilitis see Pierre Louÿs Acker Bilk: ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acker Bilk
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Acker Bilk
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acker Bilk to see it in context!