On this page:
- Definition of the adjective acknowledged
- Definition of the verb acknowledged
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acknowledged
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acknowledged
- Photos about Acknowledged
- Video about Acknowledged
- Sign language
- Quotes about Acknowledged
- Scrabble value of A1C3K5N1O1W4L1E1D2G2E1D2
- Share this page
Acknowledged is a member of the word family acknowledge, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective acknowledged
What does acknowledged mean as an attribute of a noun?
- recognized or made known or admitted
- examples: the acknowledged leader of the community | a woman of acknowledged accomplishments | his acknowledged error
- antonym: unacknowledged
- similar: accepted / recognised / recognized; self-confessed; assumptive; declarable; given / granted; putative
- attribute: acknowledgement / acknowledgment / recognition = the state or quality of being recognized or acknowledged
- see also: known
- generally accepted
- similar: unquestionable
Alternative definition of the adjective acknowledged
- Generally accepted, recognized or admitted.
Definition of the verb acknowledged
What does acknowledged mean as a doing word?
- past of acknowledge
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acknowledged
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Randolph Manning, George C. Gibbs, Thomas McIntyre Cooley, Elijah Wood Meddaugh, William Jennison, Hovey K. Clarke, Hoyt Post, John Adams Brooks, Henry Allen Chaney, William Dudley Fuller, Marquis Eaton, Herschel Bouton Lazell, James Reasoner, Richard W. Cooper
The word “stated” cannot be regarded as equivalent to acknowledged. Stated signifies told, recited ; whereas, the word acknowledged means received with approbaDawnY v. Curran. the notary should have' shown affirmatively that all.
by Orr, James
books universally acknowledged - those named afterward by Eusebius the ...
In which All Those Words Subject to an Incorrect Pronunciation are Brought Directly Into View ; with Original Notes Designating Those which are Acknowledged to be Exceptions by Lemuel G. White
In which All Those Words Subject to an Incorrect Pronunciation are Brought Directly Into View ; with Original Notes Designating Those which are Acknowledged to be Exceptions Lemuel G. White. that it may become anchored and fixed ; that ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acknowledged
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acknowledged
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Acknowledged
Video shows what acknowledged means. Generally accepted, recognized or admitted.. Acknowledged Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
See also the pronunciation examples of Acknowledged!
Sign Language man gets acknowledged
Sign Language Dwarf gets Acknowledged.
Quotes about Acknowledged
Scrabble value of A1C3K5N1O1W4L1E1D2G2E1D2
The value of this 12-letter word is 24 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acknowledged to see it in context!