The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun acme:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun acme
- Phrases with Acme
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acme
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acme
- Photos about Acme
- Videos about Acme
- Quotes about Acme
- Scrabble value of A1C3M3E1
- Anagrams of ACME
- Share this page
Acme (highest point; summit; the highest level or degree attainable) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Kaplan GRE Exam Vocabulary in a Box, which includes 500 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun acme
What does acme mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: acmes
- the highest level or degree attainable; the highest stage of development
- examples: his landscapes were deemed the acme of beauty | the artist's gifts are at their acme
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of acme: elevation / height / meridian / peak / pinnacle / summit / superlative / tiptop / top
- more generic words: degree / level / point / stage = a specific identifiable position in a continuum or series or especially in a process
- the highest point (of something)
- lexical domain: Locations - nouns denoting spatial position
- synonyms of acme: apex / peak / vertex
- more generic terms: extreme / extreme point / extremum = the point located farthest from the middle of something
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun acme
- The top or highest point; pinnacle; culmination.
- [medicine] The crisis or height of a disease.
- Mature age; full bloom of life. - Ben Jonson
- Acme is a village in south-central Alberta, Canada. It is located 83 kilometres northeast of Calgary. It was the first village to be incorporated in Kneehill County.
- Acme is a census-designated place in Whatcom County, Washington, United States. The population was 246 at the 2010 census.
- Acme is an unincorporated community, identified by ZIP code 15610, in Mount Pleasant and Donegal Townships, both in Westmoreland County, and Bullskin Township and part of Saltlick Township in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,545 at the 2000 census.
- Acme a.k.a. Acme, Louisiana: Acme is an unincorporated community in Concordia Parish, Louisiana, United States. Its ZIP code is 71316.
- read more about Acme, Louisiana
- Acme is an unincorporated community in Hamilton Township, Jackson County, Indiana.
- Acme a.k.a. Acme, Oklahoma: Acme is a ghost town in Grady County, Oklahoma, United States. It had a post office from April 8, 1913 to May 29, 1931.
- read more about Acme, Oklahoma
- Acme a.k.a. Acme, West Virginia: Acme is an unincorporated community in Kanawha County, West Virginia.
- read more about Acme, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Acme Township.
Acme is a musical group.
- album: "...To Reduce the Choir to One Soloist"
- Acme a.k.a. Acme Records, an independent record label based in Hastings, East Sussex, England, was formed in 1994 by Gary Ramon. It is known for reissuing classic progressive rock and psychedelic rock albums from the 1960s and 1970s, including out-of-print and previously unreleased material. Acme also produces and releases new material.
- read more about Acme Records
- Acme is a publisher.
- "ACME" is the sixth studio album by the American punk blues group Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, released on Matador in 1998.
- "Acme" is the second album, but first full length album by Polish Gothic Metal band Sirrah. It's a remake of their only demo, which goes by the same name, but has a slightly different cover, and is in black and white. The song "In the Final Moment" didn't appear on the original demo.
- "Acme" is a musical album of Iain Ballamy.
- Acme is a text editor and graphical shell from the Plan 9 from Bell Labs operating system, designed and implemented by Rob Pike. It can use the sam command language. The design of the interface was influenced by Oberon. It is different from other editing environments in that it acts as a 9P server. A distinctive element of the user interface is mouse chording.
- official website: acme.cat-v.org
- The Acme was a model of chain-driven touring car made by the Reber Manufacturing Co in Reading, Pennsylvania, from 1903 to 1911.
- Acme is a computer virus which infects EXE files. Each time an infected file is executed, Acme may infect an EXE in the current directory by creating a hidden 247 byte long read-only COM file with the same base name. Acme is a variant of Clonewar, a spawning virus. Acme is also perhaps a descendant of the small single-step infector Zeno, which is not to be confused with the Zeno programming language.
- The Acme was a wooden Top sail schooner that was driven ashore at Seal Rocks, New South Wales while carrying timber from Camden Haven to Sydney under the command of Captain James Henry Jackson on the 15 July 1876. There were no casualties.
- Acme: The steamboat Acme operated on Lake Washington and also on the Sammamish Slough to Bothell, Washington from 1899 to 1910, when it was destroyed by fire.
Phrases with Acme
- Acme Rothi
- Acme Curtii
- Acme Dupuyi
- Acme Serbica
- Acme Similis
- Acme Emaciata
- Acme Gracilis
- Acme Oltenica
- Acme Wilhelmi
- Acme Bulgarica
- Acme Delpretei
- Acme Diluviana
- Acme Foliniana
- Acme Callostoma
- Acme Pachystoma
- Acme Stussineri
- Acme Leptocheila
- Acme Trigonostoma
- Acme Transsilvanica
- Hypoaspis Acme
View more phrases with the word Acme in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acme
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Selected Papers of the Bi-annual ICLA Meeting in Albuquerque, July 1995 by Masako Hiraga, Chris Sinha, Sherman Wilcox
ACME is the prodigal son of the trio, eschewing even predicate identicality and instead favouring the weaker constraint of arity-matching. No wonder then that ACME fails to generate a mapping for any metaphor; while not as prone to the ...
How to Design, Update and Query Temporal Data by Tom Johnston, Randall Weis
1, therefore, Acme is a direct instance of a Supplier, and indirectly an instance of an Organization and of a Party. In ordinary conversation, we usually drop the “instance of” phrase, and would say ...
by Louisiana. Dept. of Agriculture
The Acme is a few days earlier than the Beauty. The redish yellow tinge of the Acme does not -seem to take the market like the beautiful tinge of the Beauty. It would not be profitable to grow the Ponderosa for the market. They want a smooth ...
Unstable Prototypes (2012)
Big Sigma #2 by Joseph R. Lallo
“ACME is a coronal mass ejection, a massive dispersal ofstellar particlescaused by the release of energy stored in the magneticfields of the atmosphere of astar. Therelease isaresult ofthe reconnection of magnetic field lines.The particles ...
Design, Implementation, Partnerships, Technology, and Profits by James B. Ayers
Acme is a company with a one-size-fits-all supply chain. Unfortunately, Acme is very, very typical. Like many others, it plans a new enterprise resource planning ( ERP) system. While implementing its ERP system, it will tailor, at considerable ...
by Danielle A. Brands, I. Edward Alcamo, David L. Heymann
Cover: © Gary Gaugler/Visuals Unlimited Acme is a registered trademark of American Stores Co.; Albertson's is a registered trademark of Albertson's, Inc.; Archer Farm is a registered trademark of Target Brands, Inc.; Best Choice is a registered ...
by Todd Stone, Jeff Lindborg, Steve Olivier, Dustin Grant
Acme is a fairly large organization, so it maintains a master replica of its directory on a server at the hub of its organization. By policy, all changes to the directory database are made to the replica on this server and then are pushed out to other ...
by Michigan. State Board of Equalization
Acme is a smaller township on the shore ...
by David J. Bodenhamer, Robert G. Barrows
MARKISOHN Acme-Evans Company (702 West Washington Street ). Acme -Evans/ADM Milling Company evolved from two small mills of the antebellum era to the large milling company of today. Reputedly the oldest milling ...
by C H Wendel
Acme Acme Adams Amanco American Appleton Aurora Austin B.E.S. Baker Barnard-Moline Bayley Bercha Bessemer Best Big S Blue Valley Boss Boss Bowsher's Bradford Buckeye Buckeye Buckeye Centennial Challenge Champion ...
by Julia Cresswell
achc achieve acid acme acac addict addle address adequate adjacent admit adalt advent adventare adverse. the advantages, from a winning hand in a card game. To be within an ace of doing something is to be on the verge of doing it.
A Gift for Sigmund Freud's 80th Birthday by Richard Sterba
Akme (acme; acme') means, literally, ...
by Nichola Dobson
Marvin Acme has been murdered and Roger Rabbit is the main suspect.
its peak is recorded after, rather than before or during, the oak acme). A Corylus– Taxus– Tilia phase followed, noted by the relatively high ...
The New Hacker's Dictionary (1996)
by Eric S. Raymond
Acme o- Ada Acme n. The canonical supplier of bizarre, elaborate, and non- functional gadgetry — where Rube Goldberg and Heath Robinson shop. Describing some X as an "Acme X" either means "This is insanely great," or, more likely, ...
Volume 29 - Supplement 14: Agent-Oriented Programming to Socio-Organizational Aspects of Expert System Design by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
Note that t is the time at which the informing, requesting, or unrequesting is to take place, and Content itself contains other temporal information, as in (INFORM 5 b (1 (employee smith acme ) ) ) . Requests can be embedded further, as in ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acme
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acme
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: mattiaswinbladh
Photo credit: Nesster
Photo credit: Jon Skilling
Photo credit: Tim Waclawski
Photo credit: 35mmDan
Photo credit: burnthebay
From The Trade Mark News. Published 1910-13.
Photo credit: Double--M
- Acme IPA
Photo credit: richmugger
- Acme hell
acme on a sunday afternoon; way to many people and way too few lines open.
Photo credit: aarone
- Acme rocket.
Photo credit: A National Acrobat
Acme means the best of something ..the peak...the zenith.
Photo credit: Tony in WA
- Acme Lumber Sign
Photo credit: cote
- ACME DIRT RENONE Boston Street Graffiti
This photo is licensed under a Creative Commons license. Please credit Rob Larsen with a link to Drunkenfist.com, if you use this photo anywhere.
Photo credit: Rob React
- Acme Anvil
Photo credit: stevendepolo
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Acme
Click on an item to play that video:
- Acme Meaning
Video shows what acme means. The top or highest point; pinnacle; culmination.. The crisis or height of a disease.. Mature age; full bloom of life.. acme ...
- ACME Meaning
Video shows what ACME means. A generic large company or corporation.. ACME Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ACME.
- Anunt cate video si vand vocabulary meu still acme
- Vocabulary Made Easy Meaning of Acme, Synonyms, Antonyms and its Usage
Meaning of the.
- ACME Random Pic 40 (Sort of...) [REVISED DESCRIPTION]
NOTE: Revised as this is a two part question. Not a single-part. Just a reminder, if a question is a two parter please answer both parts.] Ash: Ladies and ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Acme!
Quotes about Acme
Scrabble value of A1C3M3E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACME
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Acme!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acme to see it in context!