On this page:
"Acolytes" is a 2008 Australian horror thriller film about three teenagers and their sudden involvement with murder and violence over the course of a dangerous week. It won awards at film festivals in Austin and Melbourne, including a tie for the Best Film of 2008 award at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival. The film holds a 75% fresh rating with Rotten Tomatoes.
- countries: Australia, New Zealand
- language: English Language
- director: Jon Hewitt
- producers: Penny Wall, Richard Stewart, Grant Bradley & Gary Hamilton
- executive producer: Ian Gibbins
- production design by Michelle Sotheren
- art direction by Christopher Cox
- written by Shane Krause, Shayne Armstrong, Jon Hewitt
- Joel Edgerton as Ian Wright
- Michael Dorman as Gary Parker
- Sebastian Gregory as Mark
- Hanna Mangan-Lawrence as Chasely
- Harley Bennick as James
- Danny Baldwin as Detective 2
- Holly Baldwin as Tanya Lee
- Sue Dwyer as Ma Parker
- Belinda McClory as Kay Wright
- Joshua Payne as James
- Anthony Phelan as Tanya Lee's Dad
- Bella Heathcote as Petra
- Todd Levi as Detective 1
- casting by Faith Martin
- cinematography by Mark Pugh
- edited by Simon Martin
- music by David Franzke, Midnight Juggernauts
- costume design by Vanessa Loh
- genres: Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Crime Fiction, Drama
- released on (6 years ago)
- official website: www.acolytes.com.au
- The Acolytes is a team of comic book mutant supervillains in the Marvel Comics universe. The Acolytes followed the principles of the mutant Magneto, particularly the mutant right of superiority over normal humans. Some members of the Acolytes even worshipped him with a religious fervor and regarded him as the “mutant messiah.” The Acolytes first appeared in X-Men vol. 2 #1 and were created by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee.
- Acolytes a.k.a. The Acolytes Protection Agency was a professional wrestling tag team that consisted of Bradshaw and Faarooq. They wrestled for the American promotion World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment between October 1998 and March 2004.
- read more about The Acolytes Protection Agency
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acolytes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
General Register (1919)
by University of Michigan
The Acolytes is a society to which students, who have distinguished themselves in philosophy, may be elected, on recommendation of the faculty. PSYCHOLOGICAL LABORATORY.—The Psychological Laboratory occupies forty rooms of ...
by University of Michigan. College of Literature, Science, and the Arts
The Acolytes is a society to which students, who have distinguished themselves in philosophy, may be elected on recommendation of the faculty. PsycholoGICAL LARoRATORY.—The Psychological Laboratory occupies forty rooms of various ...
— The Acolytes is a society to which students who have distinguished themselves in philosophy may be elected on recommendation of the faculty. General statement.
by University of Michigan
The Acolytes is a society to which students, who have distinguished themselves in philosophy, may be elected, on recommendation of the faculty. Psychological Laboratory. — The Psychological Laboratory occupies forty rooms of various ...
by University of Michigan
The Acolytes is a society to which students, who have distinguished themselves in philosophy, may be elected, on recommendation of the faculty. Psychoi.oo-ical Laboratory. — The Psychological Laboratory occupies forty rooms of various ...
by June English
Acolytes are lay- people, often teenagers, who serve the church by assisting the priest or deacon during services. Acolytes may carry a banner or incense at the beginning of the worship service. They also assist by lighting and putting out ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1912)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Andrew Alphonsus MacErlean
We incidentally learn that in the Roman Church there were forty-six priests, seven deacons, seven subdeacons, forty-two acolytes, fifty-two os- tiarii, and over one thousand five hundred widows and persons in distress. From this Burnet ...
Embracing Biblical, Historical, Doctrinal, and Practical Theology and Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Biography from the Earliest Times to the Present Day
This close connection with the higher clergy explains the position of the acolytes at the head of the minor orders. In the year 251 the local Roman Church ...
by Frank Leslie Cross, Elizabeth A. Livingstone
Until 1972 acolytes formed one of the four *Minor Orders. They were specially delegated to the service of the altar, assisting priest and deacon, and admin— istering the Eucharist both inside and outside BIass. The earliest mention of acolytes ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acolytes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about Acolytes
Scrabble value of A1C3O1L1Y4T1E1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACOLYTES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Acolytes!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acolytes to see it in context!