On this page:
Definition of the noun acrasiomycetes
What does acrasiomycetes mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- cellular slime molds; in some classifications placed in kingdom Protoctista
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Acrasiomycetes: class Acrasiomycetes
- more generic word: class = a taxonomic group containing one or more orders
- member of: division Gymnomycota / division Myxomycota / Gymnomycota / Myxomycota = slime molds; organisms having a noncellular and multinucleate creeping vegetative phase and a propagative spore-producing stage: comprises Myxomycetes and Acrasiomycetes
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acrasiomycetes
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Michael Allaby
Acrasiomycetes. (division *Myxomycota) A class of *slime moulds in which the feeding stage generally consists of individual amoeboid cells (*myxamoebae). * Fruiting bodies are formed by aggregation of myxamoebae and differentiation of the ...
by O. P. Singh, S. K. Srivastava
in members of acrasiomycetes which attracts other myxamoeba and stimulates the phenomenon of aggregation around such centres. This chemical is cy- clic-AMP. Acrogenous: ...
by Elizabeth Owen, Eve Daintith
and Acrasiomycetes (cellular slime molds). However, certain re- cent classifications place them respectively in the phyla Myxomycota and Rhizopoda in the kingdom ...
by Geoffrey Clough Ainsworth
Acrasiomycetes. See Heterolobosea. Acrasiomycota. See Percolozoa. Acrasis Tiegh.
by Jill Bailey
Acrasiomycetes see ACRASIOMYCOTA. Acrasiomycota (Acrasiomycetes, cellular slime moulds) a class of ...
by John M. Lackie
Includes Acrasiomycetes (cellular slime moulds, e.g. Dictyostelium) ...
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
Acrasiomycetes Mycology, a class of fungi belonging to the division Myxomycota. believed to be related to protistans; it is composed of cellular slime molds that ingest nutrients through phagocytosis, and is similar to protozoans in its ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acrasiomycetes
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of A1C3R1A1S1I1O1M3Y4C3E1T1E1S1
The value of this 14-letter word is 23 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acrasiomycetes to find many related words and phrases!