Acre appears in the following tongue twister:
- Something in a thirty-acre thermal thicket of thorns and thistles thumped and thundered threatening the three-D thoughts of Matthew the thug - although, theatrically, it was only the thirteen-thousand thistles and thorns through the underneath of his thigh that the thirty year old thug thought of that morning.
(by Meaghan Desbiens)
On this page:
The word acre is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun acre
What does acre mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: acres
- a unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries
Alternative definition of the noun acre
- [obsolete] A field.
- A unit of surface area (symbol a. or ac.), originally as much as a yoke of oxen could plough in a day; later defined as an area 1 chain (22 yd) by 1 furlong (220 yd), or 4,840 square yards. Equivalent to about 4,046.86 square metres.
- [in the plural, informal] A large amount (of area).
- Acre is a city in the northern coastal plain region of northern Israel at the northern extremity of Haifa Bay. The city occupies an important location, as it sits on the coast of the Mediterranean, linking the waterways and commercial activity with the Levant. Acre is one of the oldest continuously inhabited sites in the world.
- Acre is a state located in the northern region of Brazil. Located in the westernmost part of country with a two hours time difference from Brasília, Acre is bordered clockwise by Amazonas to the north and northeast, Rondônia to the east, the Bolivian department of Pando to the southeast, and the Peruvian regions of Madre de Dios, Ucayali and Loreto to the south and west. It occupies an area of 152,581.4 km², being slightly smaller than Tunisia.
- Acre is a suburb of Haslingden on the A56 between Accrington and Haslingden in Lancashire, about one mile north of Haslingden town centre.
- also known as Acre, Lancashire
- part of United Kingdom
There are other places with in their name, like Half Acre, half-acre, Porto Acre, South Acre, Castle Acre, Little Acre, Thorpe Acre, Boca do Acre, Heroes' Acre, hells half acre, Hell's Half Acre, Castle Acre Priory and National Heroes Acre.
"Acre" is a song by Kiln.
"Acre" is a 2013 drama film directed by Kiarash Asadizadeh.
- also known as Gass, Acrid
- country: Iran
- languages: Farsi, Eastern Language, Persian Language
- producer: Kiarash Asadizadeh
- Saber Abbar as Khosrow
- Pantea Panahiha as Azar
- Shabnam Moghadami as Simin
- Mahsa Alafar as Mahsa
- Royā Jāvid'niā as Soheila
- Ehsan Amani as Jalal
- Mahana Noormohammadi
- Sadaf Ahmadi
- Nawal Sharifi as Sara
- Mohammad Reza Ghaffari as Reza
- Siyamak Safari as Hamid
- Morteza Aghahosseini
- Sima Mobarak-Shahi
- Hossein Razi
- Baharan Bani Ahmadi
- cinematography by Majid Gorjiyan
- edited by Kiarash Asadizadeh
- music by Ankido Darash
- costume design by Melody Esma'ili
- set decoration by Melody Esma'ili
- genre: Drama
- released in
- acrE is a gene.
- Acre a.k.a. acrB is a gene.
- Acre: A Cheshire acre is a unit of area historically used in the County of Cheshire.
- Acre is a freebase apps help topic tag.
- acrE is a genomic locus.
- Acre is a software.
- developers: Metaweb Technologies, Inc.
- acre is an acre app.
- acre is a namespace.
- Acre is a hosted application development environment based on Mozilla's RHINO engine. Acre includes a number of specialized Web services, such as acre.require, that simplify the process of building Freebase applications.
Phrases with Acre
Phrases starting with the word Acre:
Phrases ending with the word Acre:
- god's acre
- Orpin Acre
- Piper Acre
- sedum acre
- Allium Acre
- Amomum Acre
- Anteon Acre
- Hydnum Acre
- Euzomum Acre
- Mangora acre
- Caladium Acre
- Galerina Acre
- Hydnellum Acre
- Polygonum acre
- Taraxacum Acre
- Trimorpha Acre
View more phrases with the word Acre in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acre
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Coast (1908)
by Honor L. Wilhelm
Between 50 and 60 bushels per acre is the average yield, but 70 to 75 bushels per acre is a common yield for the good farmers. Montana barley has become famous in both the Eastern states and in Europe because of its high brewing quality.
Castle Acre is the nearest money order k telegraph office National School, built in 1876 ; James Geo. lnglis, master Hamond Anthony D.L., J.P. High ho Smallwood Hev. Hetherington Edgar B.A. [curate] COMMERCIAL. Aylmer Robert Boughen ...
by E. R. KELLY
Rectory WEST ACRE is a parish and village, 3 miles north -east from Narborough station, 109}...
Castle Acre is the nearest money- order office | Palmer Walter William | Palmer Walter William, farmer who is lord of the ...
by E. R. KELLY
Castle Acre is the nearest money order office Palmer Walter William, former Robinson George Frederick, farmer WEST ACRE is a parish and village, 3 miles north-east ; of the manor ...
Hell's Half Acre (2005)
Early Days in the Great Alberta Oil Patch by David Finch
Hell's Half Acre is the story of the people who lived and worked in Turner Valley, western Canada's first commercial oilfield, located southwest of Calgary.
Templar's Acre (2013)
by Michael Jecks
Acre is the capital of all trading between Egypt and your home.
The Joy of Hobby Farming (2011)
Grow Food, Raise Animals, and Enjoy a Sustainable Life by Michael Levatino, Audrey Levatino
One animal per acre is a traditional rule of thumb. But we've found that old rules of thumb, especially when it comes to raising animals, can be unreliable. Every situation is different. You should supplement grass with minerals. Cows can ...
Easy-to-Build Birdhouses (1999)
by Mary Twitchell
per species per acre is the maximum, and more than one box per tree is too much unless the boxes are for different bird species. Birds are territorial, and competition is worst among those of the same ...
Knights Templar Encyclopedia (2007)
The Essential Guide to the People, Places, Events, and Symbols of the Order of the Temple by Karen Ralls
Abelard, Peter– Acre Abbey A community of monks governed by an abbot, or of nuns under leadership of an abbess. Abbey was also a term used to refer to the monastic buildings the community lived in, as in the Clairvaux Abbey. Throughout ...
by Hugh Ruppersburg, John C. Inscoe
and God's Little Acre (1933). God's Little Acre remains Caldwell's single most popular work, ...
Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference
- AcRE, in the Mogul's dominions, the same with lack, signifies the sum of Ioc,0co rupees; the rupee is of the value of the French crown of three livres, or 3o fols of Holland; Ioo lacks of rupees make a couron in Indostan, ...
The above is the standard acre of England ; but various customary acres are in use throughout the different counties, deviating considerably from this standard both in excess and defect, though all of them are now illegal since the act 5 George ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acre
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acre
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: b1mbo
Bienvenidos a Akko! O Acre! O como quieras decirle :D
Photo credit: b1mbo
Photo credit: blipsman
Pilgrims in one of the Crusader buildings (Seetheholyland.net)
Photo credit: Seetheholyland.net
Street scene in old Acre (Seetheholyland.net)
Photo credit: Seetheholyland.net
- Acre / Akko
by Alberto Peral
Photo credit: israeltourism
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Acre
Click on an item to play that video:
- Acre Meaning
Video shows what acre means. A field.. A unit of surface area (symbol a. or ac.), originally as much as a yoke of oxen could plough in a day; later defined as an ...
- US survey acre Meaning
Video shows what US survey acre means. Unit of measure for areas, defined as 43560 square feet...
- Acre foot Meaning
Video shows what acre foot means. A unit of measure, used for volumes of water, equal to one acre times one foot (that is, to the amount of water required to ...
- Acre Meaning
Video shows what Acre means. A port city in northern Israel.. Acre Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say Acre. Powered by ...
- All over hell's half acre Meaning
Video shows what all over hell's half acre means. All over the place; everywhere.. All over hell's half acre Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary ...
- God's acre Meaning
Video shows what God's acre means. A Christian place of burial, a churchyard.. God's acre synonyms: Wikisaurus:cemetery. God's acre Meaning. How to ...
- Resurce Captain - ACRE test 2013.10.30 HUN language
View more videos about Acre antshrike.
See also the pronunciation examples of Acre!
Quotes about Acre
Scrabble value of A1C3R1E1
The value of this 4-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ACRE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Acre!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Acre to see it in context!