On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun acrobatic feat
What does acrobatic feat mean as a name of something?
- a stunt performed by an acrobat
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of acrobatic feat: acrobatic stunt
- more generic word: stunt = a difficult or unusual or dangerous feat
- more specific terms:
- backbend = an acrobatic feat in which the trunk is bent backward from a standing position until the hands touch the floor
- back circle = a feat in which an acrobat arches the back from a prone position and bends the knees until the toes touch the head
- walkover = backbends combined with handstands
- cartwheel = acrobatic revolutions with the body turned sideways and the arms and legs outstretched like the spokes of a wheel
- handspring = an acrobatic feat in which a person goes from a standing position to a handstand and back again
- headstand = an acrobatic feat in which a person balances on the head
- tumble = an acrobatic feat of rolling or turning end over end
- split = extending the legs at right angles to the trunk
- part of: acrobatics / tumbling = the gymnastic moves of an acrobat
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Acrobatic Feat
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary, Grades 6 - 12 (2012)
Classic Reference Library by American Education Publishing
An acrobatic feat in which the body flips ...
by Iseabail Macleod, Pauline Cairns, Scottish National Dictionary Association
acrobatic feat henner EDINBURGH. across preposition athort, throu, thorter, atour law. adverb athort, thorter; (at a place understood in the conversation) owerby. act noun, verb ack. action (at ...
by Michael Agnes
an acrobatic feat in which one turns over in midair with one or both hands touching the ground hand'- to-hand' adj. at close quarters: said of fighting hand'-to-mouth' adj. needing to ...
by Oxford Dictionaries,, Maurice Waite
an acrobatic feat such as a cartwheel. tumbledown adj. (of a building) falling or fallen into ruin. tumble dryer n. Brit. a machine that dries washed clothes by spinning them in hot air inside a rotating drum. tumbler n. 1 a drinking glass with ...
Second Edition by American Education Publishing
An acrobatic feat in which the body flips entirely back- ward or forward, while the feet pass quickly in an arc over the head. hand•stand n. The feat of support- ing the body on the hands with feet balanced in the air. hand•writ•ing n. Writing ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acrobatic Feat
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acrobatic Feat
If you need images about Acrobatic Feat for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acrobatic Feat to find many related words and phrases!