On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Acropora cervicornis
What does Acropora cervicornis mean as a name of something?
Acropora cervicornis is a species of Acropora, described by Lamarck in 1816.
- synonyms: species Acropora cervicornis / Acropora attenuata / species Acropora attenuata / Acropora muricata cervicornis / subspecies Acropora muricata cervicornis / Isopora muricata cervicornis / form Isopora muricata cervicornis / Madrepora attenuata / species Madrepora attenuata / Madrepora cervicornis / species Madrepora cervicornis / Madrepora muricata cervicornis / form Madrepora muricata cervicornis
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Cnidaria
- class: Anthozoa
- order: Scleractinia
- family: Acroporidae
- genus: Acropora
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Acropora cervicornis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by DK Publishing
Acropora cervicornis Height Not recorded Location Upperto midreefslopes and lagoons in clearwater species of staghorn coral. shapes, like antlers. These corals grow quickly but are waves if the seas are stormy.
Encyclopedia of Geography (2010)
by Barney Warf
Changes in climate can also affect marine taxa, resulting in climatic relict species such as the staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis). The coral is typically found in the warm waters of the Caribbean coinciding with the 18 °C monthly minimum ...
by Maurice Schwartz
Game State Department of Fish and Game State Wildlife Conservation Board State Department of Parks and Recreation Marin County Audubon Canyon Ranch Figure C7S Diagenetically altered Acropora cervicornis in the Pleistocene reef.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Acropora cervicornis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Acropora cervicornis
If you need images about Acropora cervicornis for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video language resources about Acropora cervicornis
Click on an item to play that video:
- Acropora cervicornis 330 day growth time-lapse
Acropora cervicornis 330 day time-laps by Artist / Biologist -Dave Lackland.
- Atlantic Staghorn Coral , (Acropora cervicornis) 2-year +, (734 day) growth time-lapse
Acropora cervicornis 734 day time-lapse.
- Acropora cervicornis 396 day time-lapse
Acropora cervicornis 396 day, (1-year, 1- month, and a-day ) time-laps by artist / biologist Dave Lackland.
- Staghorn Coral (Acropora cervicornis) Restoration at Doctor's Cave Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Every staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis) in this video (cerca 2008) was grown or propagated from an initial harvest of 2-5cm fragments from adjacent reefs ...
- Staghorn Coral (Acropora cervicornis)
The staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis) is a branching, stony coral with cylindrical branches ranging from a few centimetres to over two metres in length and ...
- Ocean Acidification and its effect on Staghorn Coral (Acropora Cervicornis)
- Staghorn coral (Acropora cervicornis) on sea bottom
Close up view at Staghorn coral or Acropora cervicornis on sea bottom Do you need this video? You can download it here from Shutterstock: ...
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Acropora cervicornis to find many related words and phrases!