Across the Pacific
On this page:
- "Across the Pacific" is a 1942 American spy film set on the eve of the entry of the United States into World War II. The film was directed first by John Huston, then by Vincent Sherman after Huston joined the United States Army Signal Corps. It stars Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Vincent Sherman & John Huston
- producer: Jerry Wald
- art direction by Robert M. Haas
- Mary Astor as Alberta Marlow
- Humphrey Bogart as Rick Leland
- Sydney Greenstreet as Dr. Lorenz
- Charles Halton as A.V. Smith
- John Hamilton as Court-Martial President
- Paul Stanton as Col. Hart
- Victor Sen Yung as Joe Totsuiko
- Monte Blue as Dan Morton
- Lester Matthews as Canadian Major
- Lee Tung Foo as Sam Wing On
- Frank Wilcox as Capt. Morrison
- Chester Gan as Capt. Higoto
- Roland Got as Sugi
- Tom Stevenson as Unidentified Man #2
- Roland Drew as Capt. Harkness
- Richard Loo as First Officer Miyuma
- Keye Luke as Steamship Office Clerk
- Kam Tong as T. Oki
- Spencer Chan as Chief Engineer Mitsuko
- Rudy Robles as A Filipino Assassin
- Philip Ahn as Man in Theatre
- Dick Botiller as Waiter
- Anthony Caruso as Taxi Driver
- Gordon De Main as Dock Official
- Eddie Dew as Unidentified Man #1
- Charles Drake as Officer #1
- Frank Faylen as Sidewalk Toy Vendor
- Ruth Ford as Secretary
- Paul Fung as Japanese Radio Operator
- William Hopper as Orderly
- Eddie Lee as Chinese Hotel Clerk
- James B. Leong as Nura
- Frank Mayo as Trial Judge Advocate
- Will Morgan as Officer #2
- Jack Mower as Major
- Garland Smith as Officer #3
- W. Beal Wong as Usher
- genres: Thriller, Spy film, Black-and-white, Drama
- subject: World War II
- released in (73 years ago)
- "Across the Pacific" is a lost 1926 American silent romantic adventure film produced by Warner Bros., directed by Roy del Ruth and starring Monte Blue. It was based on a turn of the century play by Charles Blaney and J. J. McCloskey. The play had been filmed before in 1914 with Dorothy Dalton.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Across the Pacific
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Greenwood Encyclopedia of American Regional Cultures by Jan Goggans, Aaron DiFranco
Accordingly, an active trading system flourished across the Pacific Ocean. What is now known as California became very important in this trans—Pacific trade, because it was the first location to be reached after a long journey across the ocean ...
by Christopher Chant
leading westwards across the Pacific towards Formosa and the mainland of China before a final concentration of US effort (General Douglas MacArthur's South-West Pacific Area and Nimitz's Pacific Ocean Areas) against the Japanese ...
A Dictionary of Science (2010)
by Elizabeth A. Martin
STATES % <>é3>s normal trade winds normal ocean currents In normal years the trade winds blow from east to west across the Pacific. This causes a difference in sea level and a mass of warm water builds up in the western ...
Encyclopedia of Disasters (2007)
Environmental Catastrophes and Human Tragedies by Angus Macleod Gunn
Cascadia earthquake January 26, 1700 In and around Seattle An earthquake, estimated at magnitude greater than 9, and accompanied with an equally powerful tsunami swept across the Pacific Northwest near Seattle On the twenty- sixth of ...
An Encyclopedia of History and Innovation by Thomas A. Green, Joseph R. Svinth
For example, the Polynesians spread across the Pacific from an ancestral ...
by Norman Abjorensen, James C. Docherty
Second, its historical and cultural ties reach over and beyond its immediate neighborhood to Europe and the United States, and it is the latter to which Australia looks, far across the Pacific, for its defense and security underpinning— a fact that ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Across the Pacific
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Across the Pacific
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Sunset Across the Pacific
Photo credit: Geoff Livingston
- Air Mail Across the Pacific
Poster from the Don Thomas Collection. Mr. Thomas was a collector of aircraft memorabilia who donated several posters to the San Diego Air and Space Museum.
Repository: San Diego Air and Space Museum Archive
- Expedition Kon-Tiki 1947. Across the Pacific.
Beskrivelse / Description: Postkort / Postcard.
Dato / Date: 1947
Fotograf / Photographer: ukjent / unknown
Utgiver / Publisher: Mittet
Sted / Place: Stillehavet
Eier / Owner Institution: Nasjonalbiblioteket / National Library of Norway
Lenke / Link...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Across the Pacific to see it in context!