Act of Contrition
On this page:
"Act of Contrition": Atto di dolore is a 1990 Italian film. It stars Claudia Cardinale.
- also known as Act of Sorrow, Painful Act, Atto di dolore
- countries: Italy, France
- language: Italian Language
- director: Pasquale Squitieri
- production design by Massimo Carubelli
- written by Nanni Balestrini, Sergio Bianchi, Pasquale Squitieri & Fabio Traversa
- based on a story by Sergio Bianchi & Pasquale Squitieri
- cinematography by Romano Albani
- edited by Fiorenza Muller
- genre: Drama
- released on (24 years ago)
"Act of Contrition" is a composition.
- Act of Contrition: An act of contrition is a Catholic prayer that expresses sorrow for sins. It may be used in a liturgical service or be used privately, especially in connection with an examination of conscience.
- Act of Contrition is a cataloged instance, musical recording, canonical version.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Act of Contrition
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Catholic Dictionary (2013)
An Abridged and Updated Edition of Modern Catholic Dictionary by John A. Hardon
The act of contrition is a free decision involving a detestation of and ...
by Peter M. J. Stravinskas, Russell B. Shaw
An "act of contrition" is a prayer that expresses to God the sorrow one feels and the willingness to avoid sin in the future. It may be memorized or spontaneous and is prayed regularly in a healthy Catholic spirituality. Contumacy • Generally ...
by Lilian H. Zirpolo
It rejects the validity of indulgences and classifies them as a financial transaction rather than a sincere act of contrition.
Encyclopedia of Monasticism (2013)
by William M. Johnston
an act of contrition, but the lawmakers disagreed. In return for the land, Mary got the repeal of all the ecclesiastical legislation of Henry VIII and Edward VI all the way back to the time before the Reformation. After the repeal became law in ...
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
act of contrition 7noun (in the Roman Catholic Church) a penitential prayer. 2something done to make amends for an offence.
Book & CD-ROM Set by Angus Stevenson, Maurice Waite
act of contrition n. (in the Roman Catholic Church) a penitential prayer. actor n. 1 a person whose profession is acting. 2 a participant in an action or process.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Act of Contrition
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Act of Contrition to see it in context!