On this page:
Definition of the noun actinidia chinensis
What does actinidia chinensis mean as a name of something?
- climbing vine native to China; cultivated in New Zealand for its fuzzy edible fruit with green meat
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonyms of Actinidia chinensis: Actinidia deliciosa / Chinese gooseberry / kiwi / kiwi vine
- more generic word: vine = a plant with a weak stem that derives support from climbing, twining, or creeping along a surface
- part: Chinese gooseberry / kiwi fruit / kiwi = fuzzy brown egg-shaped fruit with slightly tart green flesh
- member of: Actinidia / genus Actinidia = small Asiatic woody vine bearing many-seeded fruit
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Actinidia chinensis
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Concise Guide to Over 385 Plant Oils by Carol Schiller, David Schiller, Jeffrey Schiller
Acrocomia aculeata — Macauba Acrocomia sclerocarpa — Macauba Actinidia chinensis — Kiwifruit Seed Adansonia digitata — Baobab ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Actinidia chinensis
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Actinidia chinensis
Click on an item to view that photo:
Ya brota el Kiwi
Photo credit: Manel
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Actinidia chinensis to find many related words and phrases!