On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun action mechanism
What does action mechanism mean as a name of something?
- the operating part that transmits power to a mechanism
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of action mechanism: action
- more generic word: mechanism = device consisting of a piece of machinery
- more specific terms:
- firing mechanism / gunlock = the action that ignites the charge in a firearm
- movement = the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism
- piano action = action consisting of a system of levers that move a felt hammer to strike the strings when a key is depressed
- slide action / pump action = action mechanism in a modern rifle or shotgun
- part of: gun = a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity; keyboard = device consisting of a set of keys on a piano or organ or typewriter or typesetting machine or computer or the like
- part: key = a lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Action Mechanism
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by William A. Colledge, Nathan Haskell Dole, George Jotham Hagar
The additional quick action mechanism consists of the supplemental piston m, situated in the cylindrical chamber below the 6lide valve, an emergency valve n with a stem extending upward to the piston and a check valve o directly below the ...
Volume 23 - Supplement 2 - An Analysis of the Pre-Physical Database Design Heuristics to Thermal Investigations of ICs and Microstructures by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
A query is received by the "action mechanism" of the user interface. The query is passed on to the coordinator, which checks the index to find if there is existing knowledge in the knowledge base. If there is knowledge available to solve this ...
Encyclopedia of Tribology (1990)
by C. Kajdas, E. Wilusz, S. Harvey
- action mechanism of sulphur. . SULPHUR-CONTAINING ADDITIVES A class of the most important lubricant...
- action mechanism of sulphur- containing additives. . - chemical activity of sulphur-containing additives. [ 204].
by Henry Philippsborn
d Wirkung fim Gebiet des Nephrons f action f dans la région du néphron p ação f na região do néfron 95 action mechanism of vitamins (Vit.) (Ref. to vitamin biochemistry.) ...
Table 2 Selected multiclass methods for analyzing veterinary drug residues Table 1 Physicochemical properties, action mechanism, ...
by Dr. Stanford Felix
action Mechanism on a musical instrument that transmits ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Action Mechanism
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Action Mechanism to see it in context!